Donnie Darko, anyone? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-30-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Donnie Darko, anyone?

Who else wants Fox to release Donnie Darko really badly? In a perfect world they would have the theatrical and director's cut seamlessly branch on one disc... but I know they wont.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 AM

Me as well. I've been pining to see this in high-definition for a while, as it's one of my favorite movies out there. I don't care what anyone says against it, this one is a classic, and I can't wait to see it in high-definition.

I was really captivated with what Richard Kelly presented to us, as it's not the typical Hollywood paradigm. Very creative film, and many underlying elements to keep the wheels churning.

Can't wait.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 PM

definitely want this to get released asap
Old 12-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Theatrical cut, please.

Both the DVD editions of this movie look terrible. If it were to be released, it would need a lot of care put into the transfer.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Last edited by Josh Z; 12-30-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Theatrical cut, please.

Both the DVD editions of this movie look terrible. If it were to be release, it would need a lot of care put into the transfer.
Watch it be on par with Robocop in a MPEG-2 transfer with only a theatrical trailer and director commentary as the bonus features.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Theatrical cut, please.

Both the DVD editions of this movie look terrible. If it were to be release, it would need a lot of care put into the transfer.
Agreed. The DVD transfers were awful, hopefully the HD release would be a lot better.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Anyone see Southland Tales yet?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

Quote:
Theatrical cut, please.

Donnie Darko? Never heard of it!

Yes, the theatrical cut is my preferred selection as well.

The director's cut explained everything as it went along, spoiled its' own surprising, reduced thinking to almost nil, and practically beat you over the head with "ARE YOU FOLLOWING THIS? CAN WE MAKE IT ANY EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

I also wasn't a big fan of the song changes. (I know, the "new" songs are the ones the director wanted). The original songs were a character of the movie.

I would like a seamless branching version - but I'm not gonna hold my breathe.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Theatrical cut, please.

Both the DVD editions of this movie look terrible. If it were to be released, it would need a lot of care put into the transfer.
Aye, there's no doubt about that. I really abhor both of these DVDs, and really hope they would put some TLC behind this. We'll see what happens...
Old 12-31-2007, 09:05 AM

I've only watched the theatrical version although I do have the directors cut as well. Maybe I should watch them both again to see the differences