Bookmarks!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Bookmarks!!!

With the exception of a couple Sony releases that i know of (Spiderman and Close Encounters) is anyone in the Bluray field ever going to have bookmarks? I've even noticed that Warner doesn't support bookmarks on at least the Bluray movies that I have anyway (2001 and Corpse Bride). With everyone trying to sing the praises of Bluray why is this so hard? Everyone praises Disney and they are probably the worst, after having to wait 2 to 3 minutes for Java scripts to load they still won't add any bookmark features to their movies. Why? Do they really think making everyone have to sit through (or even chapter skip through) all of their commercials and then wait for Java to load, only to manually find where they left off in a movie is winning legions of supporters? I guess I might be the exception, but I almost dread trying to watch any of the Pirate movies (yes, I did still buy them) because I don't always have time to sit and watch for 2 1/2 hours straight through and get annoyed by the thought of having to screw around trying to find where I left off when I do get back to it.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:21 PM

I agree. The ability to stop and start at the last location should be standard.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:03 PM

Absolute non-issue to me. Infact I generally preffer not to have a movie start in the middle the next time I put the disc in. Movies start at the start, if I want to see something specific then I can search it out. My only gripe is huge chapter gaps, or far to many chapters. Bookmarks are much more annoying to me though.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:37 PM

If you choose to start from the beginning of a movie, even when you've watched half and want to finish the other half that's fine, but I want to be able to start the movie where I stopped watching it so that I can finish watching it without having to spend all of the extra time trying to remember (or finding) the last thing I watched.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:02 PM

yes this should be a basic feature in all blurays...the fact that some find this feature (a non issue) is irrelevant...the bluray disc should be completely seperate issue from the blurays undercooked players and lack of 256 megs for extra features....everyone knew the technology would catch up..so why were these features included on all the 450+ disc that have been released so far..that way when the players catch up we can then access these features..like bookmarking...and so on!!!!

no excusses...even when studios were nutrual and had this feature on there hd dvd disc..they didnt include them on the bluray versions...if the feature is there then the ones who like it can use it...if its a non issue then no deal either...

i can guaranty that they will add this feature at some time to disc that have already been released on future mintings...but thanks for your support until we get there