firmware - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-29-2007, 08:24 AM

Question firmware

hi guys,
im really new to all the hdtv and equipment. it real nice to find a form like this. i just purchased a samsung hdtv model # LN - T 5265F and a samsung bluray dvd model # 1400. its hooked up to a comcast cable with the hd connection. later down the road ill be looking for a home theatre unit when i get alittle more money.
my question is this for now. i was read the form last night and someone was talking about the firmware upgrade . when will i know when to get these upgrades and how do i get it?
thanks,
stan
Old 12-29-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan View Post
hi guys,
im really new to all the hdtv and equipment. it real nice to find a form like this. i just purchased a samsung hdtv model # LN - T 5265F and a samsung bluray dvd model # 1400. its hooked up to a comcast cable with the hd connection. later down the road ill be looking for a home theatre unit when i get alittle more money.
my question is this for now. i was read the form last night and someone was talking about the firmware upgrade . when will i know when to get these upgrades and how do i get it?
thanks,
stan
You can get the firmware updates from the Samsung support website.

The best way to know "when" is to check on a regular basis for an update, or when you pop in a disc and it doesn't play. If you read through the forums quite a bit, there is usually a new thread about the newly released firmware when it is released. Otherwise, just enjoy your BluRay player.