Shakira Oral fixation tour - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-18-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Shakira Oral fixation tour

I wasn't expecting to find this title today in the store (I live in Spain). I had no idea it was a world-wide release.
Anyway, since it was "relatively" cheap, I bought it. And it rocked!!

The downside is that the extras are all SD. Now, I never care for extras, but it would've been nice to have those music video clips in something better than good ol' 4:3 480p (I still wonder WHY they keep on pulling that 480p crap on us Europeans...)

Anyway, the picture quality of the concert is .. perfect. I'm thinking that maybe the source as digital.
The first few seconds when its all dark it looks like crap though, it had me wondering whether it was an upscaled version of the DVD lol. But no, it wasn't. The PQ really blew me away.

As for the audio, my TV speakers didn't complain :P and neither did I. There's stereo PCM, 5.1 PCM, and some dolby one. All in 48kHz, 24-bit glory.

The real drawback here is... that whoever was in charge of the lights, had a "fixation" with the color red. Other than that, it's all good:

My ratings:
Concert = 5/5
PQ = 4.5/5
AQ = accepting donations for new audio equipment
Extras = 0 / 5 . No HD , no care. I'll watch it eventually...

So..mmm... GO BUY IT!! :P

PS: The european version says region "ABC" on the back of the case. I wonder if that's the same for the american version
Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Her hips don't lie.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM

I read a review for this somewhere else and they gave the PQ/AQ a very high rating, so naturally I had to order it... I have her "Live & Off The Record" concert on DVD and it really kicks ass...

And yes the US version is region free as well...