BD gets Rocky Balboa March 20th. - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
bone crusher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,671
Default BD gets Rocky Balboa March 20th.

dvdactive is reporting that BD will be getting Rocky Balboa March 20th.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ky-balboa.html

It will be interesting to see how sales rack up for this big release versus HD-DVD's big release of Children of Men the very next week. Different movies and different kinds of movies at that but they are both critically aclaimed movies.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone crusher View Post
dvdactive is reporting that BD will be getting Rocky Balboa March 20th.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ky-balboa.html

It will be interesting to see how sales rack up for this big release versus HD-DVD's big release of Children of Men the very next week. Different movies and different kinds of movies at that but they are both critically aclaimed movies.
Um yeah, that's, uh, wonderful. Did anyone here actually bother to go see it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Feyd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 559
Default

I saw it, it's nothing special.

Children of Men is a WAY better movie.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
bone crusher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I saw it, it's nothing special.

Children of Men is a WAY better movie.
I feel sorry for you to not be able to know a quality movie when you see it. You might just want to use The Departed as a coaster if you plan on picking that one up, it's not very good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,604
Default



I LOVE the fact that Sony STILL is releasing UMD movies, even though it's dead. Although notice they won't call them UMDs anymore...they're now "For PSP".
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Balian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I saw it, it's nothing special.

Children of Men is a WAY better movie.
Personal taste aside, Children of Men only made $33 million while Rocky Balboa made $69 million. You lose.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syster01 View Post
Personal taste aside, Children of Men only made $33 million while Rocky Balboa made $69 million. You lose.
Well, actually I win, because I want to see Children of Men much more than Rocky Balboa. Somehow, despite its $69 million, I don't think many thought it was that good of a movie - but of course, here we are straying into personal taste territory, and that really proves no point.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 303
Default

I never bothered to see Children of Men, the storyline simply didn't appeal to me at all. Trying to rescue a pregnant girl by taking her to some random ship in the ocean? I'll pass.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Balian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Well, actually I win, because I want to see Children of Men much more than Rocky Balboa. Somehow, despite its $69 million, I don't think many thought it was that good of a movie - but of course, here we are straying into personal taste territory, and that really proves no point.
It does prove a point since for the most part, box office success translates to video success. Once again, personal taste aside. On a side note, I like Children of Men better than Rocky Balboa. It wasn't that much better as there were too many holes in the plot.

Last edited by Balian; 02-10-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Well, actually I win, because I want to see Children of Men much more than Rocky Balboa. Somehow, despite its $69 million, I don't think many thought it was that good of a movie - but of course, here we are straying into personal taste territory, and that really proves no point.
lmao! Someone cites unbiased numbers that show that one movie is more popular than another, then you say your personal taste contradicts this, then you say that since it was your personal taste that nothing is proven.

Well, you are correct, you haven't proven anything. But the fact stands that Rocky Balboa outsold Children of men 2:1, regardless of any opinion you may have about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Rocky Balboa' - High-Def Digest Review jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 56 10-20-2009 03:33 PM
Probably not... but Rocky Balboa on HD DVD? jimbach13 HD DVD Software General Discussion 7 03-21-2007 07:20 AM
Anyone Getting 'Rocky Balboa'? D3lta Blu-ray Software General Discussion 16 02-19-2007 06:27 PM
ROCKY BALBOA on BD March 20th!!!! bone crusher Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 02-11-2007 04:16 AM
Rocky Balboa illegalprelude Film Forum 11 01-25-2007 09:25 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off