BD gets Rocky Balboa March 20th. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2007, 09:59 PM

Default BD gets Rocky Balboa March 20th.

dvdactive is reporting that BD will be getting Rocky Balboa March 20th.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ky-balboa.html

It will be interesting to see how sales rack up for this big release versus HD-DVD's big release of Children of Men the very next week. Different movies and different kinds of movies at that but they are both critically aclaimed movies.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone crusher View Post
dvdactive is reporting that BD will be getting Rocky Balboa March 20th.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ky-balboa.html

It will be interesting to see how sales rack up for this big release versus HD-DVD's big release of Children of Men the very next week. Different movies and different kinds of movies at that but they are both critically aclaimed movies.
Um yeah, that's, uh, wonderful. Did anyone here actually bother to go see it?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM

I saw it, it's nothing special.

Children of Men is a WAY better movie.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post

I feel sorry for you to not be able to know a quality movie when you see it. You might just want to use The Departed as a coaster if you plan on picking that one up, it's not very good.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM

I LOVE the fact that Sony STILL is releasing UMD movies, even though it's dead. Although notice they won't call them UMDs anymore...they're now "For PSP".
Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post

Personal taste aside, Children of Men only made $33 million while Rocky Balboa made $69 million. You lose.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syster01 View Post
Personal taste aside, Children of Men only made $33 million while Rocky Balboa made $69 million. You lose.
Well, actually I win, because I want to see Children of Men much more than Rocky Balboa. Somehow, despite its $69 million, I don't think many thought it was that good of a movie - but of course, here we are straying into personal taste territory, and that really proves no point.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:37 PM

I never bothered to see Children of Men, the storyline simply didn't appeal to me at all. Trying to rescue a pregnant girl by taking her to some random ship in the ocean? I'll pass.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Well, actually I win, because I want to see Children of Men much more than Rocky Balboa. Somehow, despite its $69 million, I don't think many thought it was that good of a movie - but of course, here we are straying into personal taste territory, and that really proves no point.
It does prove a point since for the most part, box office success translates to video success. Once again, personal taste aside. On a side note, I like Children of Men better than Rocky Balboa. It wasn't that much better as there were too many holes in the plot.

Last edited by Balian; 02-10-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
lmao! Someone cites unbiased numbers that show that one movie is more popular than another, then you say your personal taste contradicts this, then you say that since it was your personal taste that nothing is proven.

Well, you are correct, you haven't proven anything. But the fact stands that Rocky Balboa outsold Children of men 2:1, regardless of any opinion you may have about it.