Need help deciding... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Need help deciding...

Well originally I planned to go to Best Buy today and get Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix and Spider-Man 3 on the BOGO deal. Now I looked at it again and noticed the Departed is also on the list. I already have 300 so I don't know if I should buy another one of those movies (any recommendations?) or pick 2 of the 3 I want. What should I do?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

IMO...I'd go with Underworld:Evolution or Mr. & Mrs. Smith. That's my personal tastes though. If you don't see one you like just hold off on one of the three titles you've said. The problem is...

HP:OOTP - New release, high $
SM3 - same
The Departed - Warner is scarce on BoGo's

Tough decision. I'd skip SM3 and grab the trilogy later on. Good thing about Blu's is the coating on the disc. You can buy a used set and unless the previous owner went out of their way to scatch the discs they should be perfect.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
Well originally I planned to go to Best Buy today and get Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix and Spider-Man 3 on the BOGO deal. Now I looked at it again and noticed the Departed is also on the list. I already have 300 so I don't know if I should buy another one of those movies (any recommendations?) or pick 2 of the 3 I want. What should I do?

I like MR & MRS SMITH, and I believe it is part of the BB BOGO promo.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Well, Martin Scorsese is my favorite director, and I loved the Departed. It was an amazing movie, so you know what I'll say in regards to that - must own! In fact, I just watched it again last night when I got out of work. High replay value (for me).

As to the other two, that's up to you mate. I really enjoyed Spiderman 3, but know others aren't too keen on it. Thought it was a slick transfer, no doubt about that. Some really eye-popping scenes throughout the movie, and great audio track. Again, it's up to you.

I can't comment on Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix, as I haven't seen it yet. Judging from Peter's review, that's also a top notch transfer and a good movie as well. All a matter of preference. Just waiting to open my LE box set for Christmas.

If it were me, I'd get all three if I could afford it.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 PM

i would say get Harry Potter and The Departed, you could just always buy Spidey 3 with the 1st (and better) 2 Spiderman movies in the trilogy
Old 12-18-2007, 01:30 AM

i got Harry Potter and Spidey. Already had 300 and Departed.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
The Departed is a must buy, so if you have your heart set on HP and SM3, then I say get 4 movies. I might pick up Mr. Brooks or Oceans 13 because I haven't seen them and if they suck...it was a free movie so what the hell. If not those, I'd get 28 Weeks Later or Mr. and Mrs. Smith if you don't have them.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 AM

I think I am just gonna hold off on the Departed because I really don't want any other movies in there and I don't want to waste my money and I already have it on DVD.