We need a RAMBO review...! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2007, 04:36 AM

Default We need a RAMBO review...!

Peter? Please..............!

Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 PM

My impressions of the disc.

I was slightly disappointed at the very beginning, image looked soft. Then I started to notice more and more detail throughout the picture. I also thought the sound was great. A definite, and surprising bump up in A/V quality from Lion's Gate Ultimate Edition.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:34 PM

I watch it last night - it was slightly disappointing to me. After watching "Young Guns" I expected it would have DTS ES 6.1 sound - but it only had DTS 5.1 which is still great.

I am not sure if the movie would have full DTS HD if I had a HDMI reciever.

Video quality it was HD but not as good as Young Guns. If I didn't watch "Young Guns" the night before, I would have probably been more excited about this movie.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:45 PM

The Blu-Ray disc appears to have been taken from the same HD master used for the D-Theater presentation. That said, this IS an excellent transfer. I saw NO difference between the two HD sources and I'm pleased to say, kudos to Lionsgate for a job well done. Now if they'd only get around to releasing BASIC INSTINCT already!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/firstblood.html

thanks, guys!

Last edited by jed; 02-14-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef4ever View Post
The Blu-Ray disc appears to have been taken from the same HD master used for the D-Theater presentation. That said, this IS an excellent transfer. I saw NO difference between the two HD sources and I'm pleased to say, kudos to Lionsgate for a job well done. Now if they'd only get around to releasing BASIC INSTINCT already!
Hi I was well pleased with Rambo, alot better than Total Recall even though its older, as to Basic Instinct, bought the French HD DVD and the picture is superb on that, dont know why they haven't released blu-ray version yet, but if its the same master you'll be sorted !!

Old 02-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalodger View Post
Hi I was well pleased with Rambo, alot better than Total Recall even though its older, as to Basic Instinct, bought the French HD DVD and the picture is superb on that, dont know why they haven't released blu-ray version yet, but if its the same master you'll be sorted !!

Will the French-Import of BASIC INSTINCT play on R1 HD DVD players?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:35 AM

highdef4ever

The hd-dvds softs can be read on everything players (us, european and other )

> somebody can confirm me what the subtitles on the BD disc of rambo : first blood are only in english and spanish ? no french ?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 PM

That's correct, no French subtitles.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe666 View Post
highdef4ever

The hd-dvds softs can be read on everything players (us, european and other )

> somebody can confirm me what the subtitles on the BD disc of rambo : first blood are only in english and spanish ? no french ?

Thanks
I ordered BASIC INSTINCT and John Carpenter's THE FOG (1980) as French import HD-DVDs. I can't wait to see how they look!