HSM 2 Rerelease next year - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Default HSM 2 Rerelease next year

I have heard Disney plans to rerelease High School Musical 2 again next year with many new features (old, but they decided to not include them on the recent release for a reason). It will come around the rerelease of the soundtrack (probably with karaoke and remixes). Disney knows how to cash in, they did this with High School Musical I believe.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:27 AM

yea they did that with the first one, but will we see a bluray rerelease also, or just a dvd rerelease, guess that is the question, lol
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I don't see why not? I'm sure if they released the normal version they will rerelease on Blu-ray as well. Underdog is coming to Blu-ray, and I'm sure many more people will have Blu-ray by then.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:47 AM
O_o

The first edition of HSM Encore Edition, then the new Remix Edition. And not surprised on HSM2, Disney loves to reissue releases with new packaging. Narnia had three releases and now soon four. The original, the Collector's Edition 2-disc, the Extended Edition 4-Disc for a Limited Time Only and now I guess in May another new edition to coincide with the theatrical release of Prince Caspian.

Then put a title in the vault, then mysteriously "discover" two nanoseconds worth of footage and thus they reissue the title with new packaging, artwork and a new tagline like Gold or Platinum. The moratorium window keeps getting smaller, it's like "Now for the first time out of the vault since last week." It's a good way to make more money and thus I own around 20 editions of every Disney release Already have two editions of Sleeping Beauty, going on three in Oct with the Newly Remastered Deluxe Platinum Edition with a new song sequence
Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

LOL so true.