BD Software Question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default BD Software Question

I know that BD software will not have the online interactivity until the 2.0 update is out, but I am wondering if existing and early BD discs already have online features included that will be accessible once 2.0 is out?

Do you think they will re-release titles with new features to take advantage of the 2.0 or just include those features on new releases once 2.0 is out?

I am just curious because I think all HD DVD discs that have been released have had the online features included.

Can someone give me details on the previously released BD discs and how they will change with 2.0?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I know that BD software will not have the online interactivity until the 2.0 update is out, but I am wondering if existing and early BD discs already have online features included that will be accessible once 2.0 is out?
AFAIK, the first 2.0 disc coming is "War", which will feature an online game.

Quote:
Do you think they will re-release titles with new features to take advantage of the 2.0 or just include those features on new releases once 2.0 is out?
Probably not, but you never know. A double dip may be in the future for some of the higher profile discs

Quote:
I am just curious because I think all HD DVD discs that have been released have had the online features included.
Not all, but several have them, and most day & date releases are getting them, I haven't seen a catalog title with any online features.

Quote:
Can someone give me details on the previously released BD discs and how they will change with 2.0?

Thanks
As above, nothing on any previously released BD will change.