BD Software Question - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Max's Avatar
Max Max is offline
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 326
Default BD Software Question

I know that BD software will not have the online interactivity until the 2.0 update is out, but I am wondering if existing and early BD discs already have online features included that will be accessible once 2.0 is out?

Do you think they will re-release titles with new features to take advantage of the 2.0 or just include those features on new releases once 2.0 is out?

I am just curious because I think all HD DVD discs that have been released have had the online features included.

Can someone give me details on the previously released BD discs and how they will change with 2.0?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Kappy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I know that BD software will not have the online interactivity until the 2.0 update is out, but I am wondering if existing and early BD discs already have online features included that will be accessible once 2.0 is out?
AFAIK, the first 2.0 disc coming is "War", which will feature an online game.

Quote:
Do you think they will re-release titles with new features to take advantage of the 2.0 or just include those features on new releases once 2.0 is out?
Probably not, but you never know. A double dip may be in the future for some of the higher profile discs

Quote:
I am just curious because I think all HD DVD discs that have been released have had the online features included.
Not all, but several have them, and most day & date releases are getting them, I haven't seen a catalog title with any online features.

Quote:
Can someone give me details on the previously released BD discs and how they will change with 2.0?

Thanks
As above, nothing on any previously released BD will change.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Blu-ray software revenue (2011) be higher than VHS software revenue (2004)? PSound High Definition Smackdown 56 01-17-2011 02:00 AM
Panasonic SD-600 and Conversion Software + Editing Software FoxyMulder HD Content Production 0 10-25-2010 01:17 PM
The Ultimate BLU-RAY player software faceoff (4 different computer software packages) HDTV1080P Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 6 11-24-2008 08:58 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off