'Chamber of Secrets' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2007, 01:13 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Chamber of Secrets' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's Blu-ray review of 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.' Boasting even stronger video, audio and supplements than 'Sorcerer's Stone,' he says this disc is an easy recommend for Harry Potter fans, and worth a look for all.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/290/...ofsecrets.html
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 AM

I disagree with the movie rating, I think Chamber of Secrets is the weakest of the series. Agree to disagree.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Thumbs up

Whoa, my comment is gone, but the issue is fixed.

Kudos for being so quick and on top of things guys.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:34 AM

I agree that Chamber was weakest. Still liked it though.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 AM

For me this was one of the better ones. Order of the Phoenix was just way to short. Bought them all. Will sit down this weekend and give them a spin.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I disagree with the movie rating, I think Chamber of Secrets is the weakest of the series. Agree to disagree.
I agree. Chambers is my least favorite. It just seemed to meander a whole lot.

Best to worst, IMO:

Goblet of Fire
Azkaban
Sorcerer's Stone
Phoenix
Chambers
Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM

I personally enjoyed 'Chamber of Secrets' and don't consider it the weakest of the series.

"Deleted Scenes (SD, 18 minutes) - Much more substantial than the excised footage on 'Sorcerer's Stone,' these 18 scenes contain quite a wealth of character detail and even some cool cut effects scenes (including more Quidditch). It's impressive that Warner went to the trouble of having all of these scenes fully completed, matching the production values of the film itself."

that's because all those scenes were re-editied back into the film for the expanded tv version.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
I personally enjoyed 'Chamber of Secrets' and don't consider it the weakest of the series.

"Deleted Scenes (SD, 18 minutes) - Much more substantial than the excised footage on 'Sorcerer's Stone,' these 18 scenes contain quite a wealth of character detail and even some cool cut effects scenes (including more Quidditch). It's impressive that Warner went to the trouble of having all of these scenes fully completed, matching the production values of the film itself."

that's because all those scenes were re-editied back into the film for the expanded tv version.
Really? I had no idea. Never watch movies on tv, ever. It's shocking that they haven't come up with a 'super duper extended director's cut special final extreme edition' yet. Or something - you know.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Really? I had no idea. Never watch movies on tv, ever. It's shocking that they haven't come up with a 'super duper extended director's cut special final extreme edition' yet. Or something - you know.
yeah the expanded tv cuts of

Sorcerer's Stone (one scene is not actually included in the home video deleted scenes section)
Chamber of Secrets
Prizoner of Azkaban

will be on the uberbox set when the seventh film makes it debut on home video