Amazon shipping charges to Europe Help ! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Amazon shipping charges to Europe Help !

Hey guys need help.
At today I did placed 12 Orders on Bluray disks listed into the DVD category now I did find out on this page
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...InternationalS hipping[/url]
a descrepancy between the rates listed,and the $8.97 that I have been charged for each of the 12/2 items packages shipped.Infact the page lists the rates of standard International Shipping * 9 to 36 business days which i did selected for all the 12 orders placed, as 6.48$ (for CDs, DVDs, Music Cassettes, Vinyl per shipment $3.99 per item $2.49)I would like to know therefore if a refund can be arranged to correct these orders.Forgot to say that of course the orders are made of 2 Bds for each package and have been shipped to Europe.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke888 View Post
Hey guys need help.
At today I did placed 12 Orders on Bluray disks listed into the DVD category now I did find out on this page
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...InternationalS hipping[/url]
a descrepancy between the rates listed,and the $8.97 that I have been charged for each of the 12/2 items packages shipped.Infact the page lists the rates of standard International Shipping * 9 to 36 business days which i did selected for all the 12 orders placed, as 6.48$ (for CDs, DVDs, Music Cassettes, Vinyl per shipment $3.99 per item $2.49)I would like to know therefore if a refund can be arranged to correct these orders.Forgot to say that of course the orders are made of 2 Bds for each package and have been shipped to Europe.
You should be able to contact them via their contact form and get some sort of credit. They are usually pretty good with these type of things. I am in Canada and not Europe so I don't know if there is anything really different.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 AM

I'm sorry but if as you say you were charged $8.97 for each package then that is correct!
Please take a minute and calculate: $3.99 per shipment and $2.49 for each item. 3.99 + 2.49 + 2.49 = $8.97

Why do you come up with a result of $6.48?

If you ordered during the BOGO sale then you will get of course the Disc for free but shipping you have to pay as this isn't included in the deal.

I know you probably did make 12 packages due to custom but with such a massive order I'm sure it would have been cheaper making 1 single order and pay the custom taxes.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1975 View Post
I'm sorry but if as you say you were charged $8.97 for each package then that is correct!
Please take a minute and calculate: $3.99 per shipment and $2.49 for each item. 3.99 + 2.49 + 2.49 = $8.97

Why do you come up with a result of $6.48?

If you ordered during the BOGO sale then you will get of course the Disc for free but shipping you have to pay as this isn't included in the deal.

I know you probably did make 12 packages due to custom but with such a massive order I'm sure it would have been cheaper making 1 single order and pay the custom taxes.
mmmm 3.99 per shipment and 2.49 per item in the way u list that, i do pay twice for a single item,i mean isnt the first shipment supposed to be 3.99 with the first item included ? Thats weird.
Anyway yes i did so many packages, exactly for customs,the difference between shipping a single item or 2 was of just a lil more then 2.49 dollars so at the end i could save those 48$ thats roughly 30 Euro but for customs i could well pay 70/80 roughly 25% of duties.+ course thats part of multiple bogos since november...
Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM

The $3.99 is just the basic shipment charge - then each item adds up. It was always like that with Amazon.