Traning Day PQ??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Traning Day PQ???

Hi all, I purchase Training Day in amazon BOGO sale. After reading the review http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/trainingday.html , I think I might did a mistake by choosing the blu-ray edition. It seems form the review most of the issues regarding the hardware. Is there any update or the transfer still better on HD edition?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 PM

I just watched this again the other day. I think the video transfer is
above-average, personally. I just wish there was a lossless audio option.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Default blu

The hd dvd edition and the bluray will look the same. The big difference is the HD DVD version has a TrueHD track and the bluray just has a dolby digital track. No freakin idea why this is, but the hd dvd will sound better.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker View Post
The hd dvd edition and the bluray will look the same. The big difference is the HD DVD version has a TrueHD track and the bluray just has a dolby digital track. No freakin idea why this is, but the hd dvd will sound better.
In this case, the two discs are actually not the same encode. This was an early Blu-ray from Warners, released at a time when the format wasn't yet supporting VC-1 compression, TrueHD, or dual-layer discs. As a result, the Blu-ray is an MPEG-2 encode on a single-layer disc, and Warner chose not to compromise the picture any further by squeezing in a PCM track.

The Blu-ray looks very similar to the HD DVD. It's perhaps a tiny bit softer with more noticeable color banding in the opening sunrise, but overall both formats look very good. At the time I reviewed the disc for DVDTalk, I gave the Blu-ray a 4 out of 5. The HD DVD would get a 4.5.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23469
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 AM

Thanks all sooo much