Pirates 3 menu issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2007, 12:46 AM

Question Pirates 3 menu issues

hey, anyone else having issues with the bonus features disc for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END on their normal Sony BD player?? Mine is seriously having problems, it plays funky, and then when i try and click on a feature, it stutters...then plays it real tiny in the upper right corner with an all black screen... when i try and have it fill the screen like normal...such as hit "Top Menu"...it then kills the disc...or kills my player. In fact it froze my player twice already. WTF Disney??! Who authors their stuff?? My Scrubs SD discs had problems on my SD player..ALL seasons!! Pirates 1 has framing issues on BD...
i mean c'mon! I was lucky enough to get BLADE RUNNER on BD today and it and it's features play just fine with NO menu issues. So, im not sure it's a firmware issue...somebody got clues?? I'd really love to watch the special features for Pirates...you know..would be nice...
Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Templar View Post
hey, anyone else having issues with the bonus features disc for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END on their normal Sony BD player?? Mine is seriously having problems, it plays funky, and then when i try and click on a feature, it stutters...then plays it real tiny in the upper right corner with an all black screen... when i try and have it fill the screen like normal...such as hit "Top Menu"...it then kills the disc...or kills my player. In fact it froze my player twice already. WTF Disney??! Who authors their stuff?? My Scrubs SD discs had problems on my SD player..ALL seasons!! Pirates 1 has framing issues on BD...
i mean c'mon! I was lucky enough to get BLADE RUNNER on BD today and it and it's features play just fine with NO menu issues. So, im not sure it's a firmware issue...somebody got clues?? I'd really love to watch the special features for Pirates...you know..would be nice...
This is getting fubar pretty quick!! Sorry about the trouble you are experiencing. If this happens to me with AWE I am just going to buy the sd dvd til they get a firm fix on things. In case no one has said this to you yet...welcome to the site.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 AM

hey! thanks for the welcome...yeah, you're the only one...

I read the thread about AWE locking up on PS3 and such, but it seems like the movie disc. I have the more recent Sony BD player, and the movie played totally fine...just the bonus disc is the prob, totally locking up on me...
ARGH!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:49 AM

Thumbs down

Unfortunately, I am getting the same problem

I have the Sony BDPS300 hooked up with monster hdmi (of course). The movie plays fine, and the menu works there (when i full menu the screen shrinks into the top right, after your selection it expand full screen again). But the bonus disc...

I can not watch any of the features, after selecting any of them the screen stays small and shrunk in the top right corner (like its PIP). None of the control buttons work, and if I take out the bonus disc and put in ANOTHER movie, it plays stuck in that top right corner. After I shut the machine down, it resets and plays fine. I've tried two bonus discs with the same problem...

HELP.....
Old 12-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Templar View Post
hey! thanks for the welcome...yeah, you're the only one...

I read the thread about AWE locking up on PS3 and such, but it seems like the movie disc. I have the more recent Sony BD player, and the movie played totally fine...just the bonus disc is the prob, totally locking up on me...
ARGH!!
Why dont you try taking it back to a retailer, like Wal-Mart, and tell them you got it for Christmas and tell them the movie works but the 2nd disc has issues. Maybe they will let you exchange it for a newer copy?? Maybe a firmware issue as well...but I kind of doubt it because your movie works fine on your player. Try contacting Sony or Disney and see if there are other reports of a bad 2nd disc.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I read another forum that they think it maybe when certain HDTV's are hooked up to certain players. They had a phone # listed to contact Disney and inform them:

1-800-723-4763

(p.s. already tried multiple discs, and the bonus disc always does the same thing...)
Old 12-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndopp View Post
Yeah, I read another forum that they think it maybe when certain HDTV's are hooked up to certain players. They had a phone # listed to contact Disney and inform them:

1-800-723-4763

(p.s. already tried multiple discs, and the bonus disc always does the same thing...)
That is strange about the bonus disc not working with multiple discs. Do you have the latest firmware??? I am going to try AWE tonight so I will let youm know how I fared. I am thinking of buying Blade Runner...how do you like the bd version??