Screw Warner Brothers - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-11-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Screw Warner Brothers

Placed an order 3/30/2007. Needed to cancel order. Called them to cancel. Was told item would be canceled. ONE MONTH later item ships to me.

Placed an pre-order 8/6/2007 on the kubrick movies. Movies came out 10/23/2007. Today is 12/11/2007 STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED the movies.

Over 9 seprate orders from warner brothers.com They have yet ONCE to put my apartment number on the box even though it's clearly listed as my shipping and billing address. Causeing me to drive around town, calling ups, to correct or get my order.

I'm currently moveing so i call them again to MAKE SURE to cancel any outstanding orders still not shipped. They say ok and they will "attempt" to cancel them. Six days later some of them ship. Meaning the rest will probably ship after i move.

WTF!?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:19 AM

I sympathize. Here's my latest chapter in the ongoing WHV saga:

Dear Valued Customer:

We are very sensitive to your concerns regarding the security of our site
and protection of your email address. When the backorder notices went out
to multiple customers for a particular item, due to human error the email
addresses were inadvertently placed on the ?cc? rather than the ?bcc?
section. As a result, all recipients of the email were able to see the
e-mail addresses of all other recipients. Only the email, and not any
other personal information, was disclosed.

Please be assured that your privacy is important to us and we have taken
steps to assure this does not happen again in the future. We sincerely
apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Warner Home Video Customer Service
Old 12-12-2007, 12:51 AM

And...that's why I don't order from WHV.

Sorry to hear about your troubles...that does suck.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Former Member

dang...now I don't feel bad not ordering with them yet......that really sucks, Customer Service is the MOST important thing, and that is the absolute lack thereof
Old 12-12-2007, 01:02 AM

I've even defended them in the past but they've been screwing me in every possible way. Want to cancel an order? Nope we'll ship it. Want to actually get an order you purchases months ago? Nopes we'll back order it but every other store will have it in stock... Order actually ships? Incorrect addresss.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 AM

I almost ordered my Potter discs from them, but went with Amazon because the price difference was so little.

Having seen their repeated delays in shipping, the multiple reports of HD discs in the Blu gift set, and now these types of things (cancellation problems, etc...), I'm really glad I didn't.

Sucks that they can't get it right for you. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:36 AM

I got my HP set todday. WHV shipped it overnight even though I had free ground shipping. Of course I'm still waiting for my Oceans set. But I've had 5 or 6 orders that were ground shipping and they sent them with ovenight shipping for some reason.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:48 AM

why on earth are you ordering from Warner Bros?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 AM

Lowest price and I'm not concerned too much about speed. When I want speed I get it from Amazon since I get free two day shipping, which usually arrives in one day.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I got my HP set todday. WHV shipped it overnight even though I had free ground shipping. Of course I'm still waiting for my Oceans set. But I've had 5 or 6 orders that were ground shipping and they sent them with ovenight shipping for some reason.
Well the same thing happened to me. EXPECT THEY didn't put my apartment # on it. So UPS is holding it and can't deliver for another few days.