Any BDs with inserts or booklets? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Any BDs with inserts or booklets?

It was very common for DVDs Special Editions to come with Booklets.

I noticed so far that every BD I bought does not have these. But I do not have that large of a collection, however it is significant enough to make me wonder if there are even any out there with booklets or movie inserts (non-promotional).

Can someone comment if any do come with these.

You would think with the outrageous retail prices on these compared to DVD that they would at least give the consumer more value added like lots of supplements on disc and booklets.

Compared to HDs do any of the big HD releases like Transformers, Matrix, or Batman contain booklets?

This is very sad. As a avid movie lover, I enjoy these value added bonuses like these.

And its sadder that I can't even put the booklets I have from my DVDs in the BD cases since the height was changed
Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 AM

nope seems like those booklets are "last gen" according to film companies/distributors, the only movie I know that has a booklet is Close Encounters of the Third Kind 30th anniversary edition on blu-ray
Old 12-07-2007, 04:41 AM

All my Sony titles have one. That's it, though.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:14 AM

The "Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City" has a booklet. None of the others I own (other than Close Encounters mentioned above) came with anything other than the standard ad inserts
Old 12-07-2007, 10:02 AM

pirates a have booklets that talk about the special features, mainly how to play like the liars dice, or how to do the special thing on pirates one, my favorite insert though is the pirates 3 inserts, it has a little section that answers some questons people had about the movie, also ratatouille had one that explained the game that was on the disc
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar715 View Post
pirates a have booklets that talk about the special features, mainly how to play like the liars dice, or how to do the special thing on pirates one, my favorite insert though is the pirates 3 inserts, it has a little section that answers some questons people had about the movie, also ratatouille had one that explained the game that was on the disc
Those are the only inserts of interest I have noticed in any of my BR movies. All of the other inserts are little advertisements for Blu [as if I need one, I just bought the damn movie], firmware notice, etc. Random crap you just throw away.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Boy as a movie collector I really miss this. I like to sit down with a movie I have not watched in awhile and read thru the booklets, get excited, and pop in the flick.

In the old days of LD (LaserDisc), there were the liner notes on the package. Pretty easy since they were huge.