'Masters of Horror - Vol 4' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Masters of Horror - Vol 4' - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of 'Masters of Horror: Season One - Vol 4' is up. Content-wise, he says this one is the strongest in the four-volume set, but as a Blu-ray release it's more or less on par, with above-average video and audio, and a thin supplemental package.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/991/...rror_s1v4.html
Old 12-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Homecoming is a good episode. I haven't seen Imprint. It was banned from airing.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM

I own all 4 of these now. Only watched the first 6 episodes Really enjoyed them and i'm really happy starz brought these to blu-ray.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:16 PM

nice.first 3 in mail. will arrive soon.
4th will be send with blade runner case
Old 12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Former Member

I want this volume (haven't bought the other 3) due to homecoming and imprint, my 2 favorite s1 episodes. It's just going to be a bear finding it used, for trade, or on ebay.....And then I'll have 4 spare dvd's......

I'm really suprised about the review on Imprint being so unfavorable...I found it to be awesome, absolutely cringe-inducing, and one of Miike's best
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 PM

Cool

"homecomeing" has to truly be the worst horror no the worst movie I've ever seen period.

I don't watch horror to get an hour of political garbage being forced downy throat. The entire movie is a propaganda piece with ridiulouse fabrications with itsinly purpose being anti war bush p
bashing propaganda. This is the absolute worst movie in the series

Beyound the politics the movie itself simply isn't beleivable in any level and is more political comedy than horror. Storyline is juvinile and probably was written by the likes of the internt 9/11 consprscy cooks.

Stay far away from this trash unless you love politics in your horror movies and zero horror.

The only horrifying thing is how this site could possibly as this episode was anything better than absolute hack garbage. This is the only episode in the entire season that I couldn't find at least something good about it
Old 12-31-2007, 09:17 PM

Now as a Red and a Horror fan I am Envious... I loved the last episode in season one with Ms Balk and knowing that is coming the blu way, makes me wish I had the cash to go Purple now...

Is it a fox title?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM

Long overdue bump, mostly for talks about the possibility of season 2 being released on Blu-ray. Season 2 is coming to DVD in a few months and well, look at what it's coming out in:

One of the best looking packages I've ever seen, and even if we do get the rest of the series on BD (no news out on it yet, though I'm pretty sure it'll come out), I doubt we'll have a package as good as that.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM

I have all 4 BDs and have finally started to watch them. So far, some are OK, and some are completely cheesy.

I haven't made it to disc 4 yet.