'Order of the Phoenix' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Order of the Phoenix' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.' He found the film itself something of a disappointment, but Harry Potter fans need not worry -- this Blu-ray disc still earns raves from our prickly Mr Bracke for its exceptional video and audio.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1121...hephoenix.html
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 AM

I will have to rent both version of the movie. One to check the PCM audio and the HD DVD version of the film to check the additional extras. Sounds like fun to me.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Just posted Peter's review of 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.' He found the film itself something of a disappointment, but Harry Potter fans need not worry -- this Blu-ray disc still earns raves from our prickly Mr Bracke for its exceptional video and audio.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1121...hephoenix.html
Any word on when there might be an HD-DVD review? I'm particularly curious about the SF's.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 AM

Wow...I wasn't at all expecting a five star video transfer. I was expecting in the four range. Definitely makes me more excited for my copy to arrive next week.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 AM

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...110#post495110
Old 12-05-2007, 01:58 AM

WTF? For supplements blu-ray edition only scores a half point higher, when all of the supplements are in high definition and includes a 44 minute TV feature... wtf?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:15 AM

Well it's evident that the Supplements aren't that great, HD or not.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:34 AM

Since i ordered this from Warner i have little to no hope of getting it anytime soon.

I have not receive 2001 or a clock work orange. 2 Months later still "back ordered"

I have no received best of blu-ray action. 1 month later still "back ordered"

I have not received Omego Man. 1 week later "back ordered"

SO what hope do i really have in getting this movie?

I may just cancel it and pay more to get it from Amazon. I think this has to be my most exciteing HD moment... GEtting the entire HP set.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 AM

He addressed my one complaint about the movie...it's the longest book yet the shortest movie? What the hell?

In my opinion, every book from 4 on should've gotten the LotR treatment. Screw the casuals, give me a 3 1/2 to 4 hour film. Hell, even the LotR novels didn't come close to 800 pages, yet they got far more screen time than the HP films. Peter Jackson actually cared about the world and subplots with that series.

The last HP movie that felt truly complete, imo, was the Prisoner of Azkaban. Both 4 and 5, like he said, skipped too much, and felt like they were just hitting the vital plot points to move the story along. They weren't really movies in and of themselves. I felt like they were just action scene after action scene, giving us little sense of the world that Rowling has created. While visually exciting, they were real let downs, imo.

Of course, they're still great compared to other movies, simply because they're HP. I'm actually picking up 5 from Best Buy, high prices or not, just so I can get it on day 1.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingmusic476 View Post
He addressed my one complaint about the movie...it's the longest book yet the shortest movie? What the hell?

In my opinion, every book from 4 on should've gotten the LotR treatment. Screw the casuals, give me a 3 1/2 to 4 hour film. Hell, even the LotR novels didn't come close to 800 pages, yet they got far more screen time than the HP films. Peter Jackson actually cared about the world and subplots with that series.

The last HP movie that felt truly complete, imo, was the Prisoner of Azkaban. Both 4 and 5, like he said, skipped too much, and felt like they were just hitting the vital plot points to move the story along. They weren't really movies in and of themselves. I felt like they were just action scene after action scene, giving us little sense of the world that Rowling has created. While visually exciting, they were real let downs, imo.

Of course, they're still great compared to other movies, simply because they're HP. I'm actually picking up 5 from Best Buy, high prices or not, just so I can get it on day 1.
I've been saying that also. A special edition with an extra 40 or so mins would make a huge difference.
Still a huge release and on my top of my list is all 5 of them.