'Planet of the Apes' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Planet of the Apes' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'Planet of the Apes' on Blu-ray is up. The highlight is a five-star rating for the disc's audio. Unfortunately, neither the movie itself nor the video (which was reference material on standard-def DVD) meet expectations.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/plan...eapes2001.html
Old 02-06-2007, 06:13 PM

another weak blu-ray transfer......god Sony is choking
Old 02-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
Sony doesn't control transfers. FUD.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/anno...t.php?f=16&a=6
Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM

I think this one going to be worth a try for me. I like sci-fi and Fox does a great job with there movies. I have others planned for the week - but I like exclusives because there content is generally better in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Sony doesn't control transfers. FUD.
Ignor the trolls. Their stuck in their own idiotic world and are just ready to say "omg blame sony" where it has 0 to do with Sony or Blu-ray

THis is one that I dont own on DVD and plan to pickup indeed
Old 02-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Sorry to tell you but Sony has a right to tell it's contributers to it's technology to set a quality standard when releasing movies on their media. It is sony's fault that there is obviously no quality standard, and that all these Blu-ray movies are cheap double dip releases for 45 dollars some with even a crap HD MPEG 2-4 Codec......you know they are going to release one later with all the extras that they promised would be on the Blu-ray. So not only are they demanding there fanboys buy these shrills of Blu-ray discs at ridiculous prices, but they are pushing the studios to release crap after crap "no extras" discs to look like they have more movies then HD DVD. Sorry this not trolling it is the truth. Forget about HD DVD VS. BLU-RAY, when corporations do this everyone loses.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:03 PM

the whispers of a troll, attempting to justify himself by saying he actually cares for our benifits. So classic
Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 PM

i have generally found that i completely disagree with the "movie" portion of the reviews on this site.

a four star disc is worth seeing, IMO.

i'm picking this one up!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:21 AM

I've just taken delivery of this disc and I'm disappointed. Sure it has a slightly better picture definition over the DVD, and has a DTS Master track, but its a very poor show.

The menus are worse than the original release, just dire. No extras other than the commentary. Mentions NUON on the back, this is just lazy cut and pasting from the original DVD movie release artwork.

Overall very disappointing from Fox, and their discs are the most expensive! If they'd issued it on a BD50 disc then the extras could of survived from the 2 disc set. This disc will not replace the original DVD on my shelf because of it. Be warned that you are basically buying this movie to a slightly better picture and sound, nothing more. Poor show Fox. Makes the whole prospect of upgrading to BD over DVD a sad one.

Hopefully they will pull their socks up for things like Fight Club and Star Wars.