Seamless branching works great! (CE3K) - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 705
Default Seamless branching works great! (CE3K)

Just got my copy of CE3K and I must say that the seamless branching works great in it. I was a little worried about it since I remember the second Terminator (SD) disk used a similar method to play the 2 separate movie editions and it didn't work that great. You could see the pause as the player searched for the next scene. But in CE, there is absolutely no pause in the scenes. It smoothly goes from one to the other.

Hat's off to Sony and Steven on this disk.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2007, 02:54 PM
ScoBro828's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
Just got my copy of CE3K and I must say that the seamless branching works great in it.
That amazes me that there are three different movie version on the disc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
I was a little worried about it since I remember the second Terminator (SD) disk used a similar method to play the 2 separate movie editions and it didn't work that great. You could see the pause as the player searched for the next scene.
For what it's worth, that must have been a player issue, because seamless branching on DVD has always worked perfectly for me (including both the Ultimate and Extreme editions of Terminator 2, the Alien Legacy release of Aliens, and both Alien and Aliens in the Alien Quadrilogy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
But in CE, there is absolutely no pause in the scenes. It smoothly goes from one to the other.

Hat's off to Sony and Steven on this disk.
Agreed that it works great on Blu-ray. While I haven't watched Close Encounters yet, the seamless branching was perfect in Spider-Man 2.1.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warner Brothers vs. Seamless Branching wdcahn High Definition Smackdown 19 09-26-2009 08:59 PM
Why don't more studios use seamless branching? singhcr Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 12-27-2008 03:40 PM
Warner to use seamless branching for Blu-ray, neglects HD DVD HD Guru High Definition Smackdown 92 08-29-2007 09:42 PM
which is more important: PiP or seamless branching? 93xfan High Definition Smackdown 36 08-29-2007 06:37 PM
More seamless branching coming from Sony, including Spider-Man 2 zombieflanders Blu-ray Software General Discussion 16 07-31-2007 10:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off