Seamless branching works great! (CE3K) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Seamless branching works great! (CE3K)

Just got my copy of CE3K and I must say that the seamless branching works great in it. I was a little worried about it since I remember the second Terminator (SD) disk used a similar method to play the 2 separate movie editions and it didn't work that great. You could see the pause as the player searched for the next scene. But in CE, there is absolutely no pause in the scenes. It smoothly goes from one to the other.

Hat's off to Sony and Steven on this disk.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
Just got my copy of CE3K and I must say that the seamless branching works great in it.
That amazes me that there are three different movie version on the disc.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I was a little worried about it since I remember the second Terminator (SD) disk used a similar method to play the 2 separate movie editions and it didn't work that great. You could see the pause as the player searched for the next scene.
For what it's worth, that must have been a player issue, because seamless branching on DVD has always worked perfectly for me (including both the Ultimate and Extreme editions of Terminator 2, the Alien Legacy release of Aliens, and both Alien and Aliens in the Alien Quadrilogy).

Quote:
But in CE, there is absolutely no pause in the scenes. It smoothly goes from one to the other.

Hat's off to Sony and Steven on this disk.
Agreed that it works great on Blu-ray. While I haven't watched Close Encounters yet, the seamless branching was perfect in Spider-Man 2.1.