Disney to Offer 'Pirates' Blu-ray Framing Fix "Very Soon" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
HDD Founder

Default Disney to Offer 'Pirates' Blu-ray Framing Fix "Very Soon"

Posted earlier today:

Quote:
Months after they were first reported by fans, Disney has confirmed framing issues with the 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' Blu-ray, promising a fix (and a corresponding disc exchange program) "very soon."
Full story:
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...Very_Soon/1219
Old 11-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Amazing news. I re-sold the first two films on BD that I owned before I opened them because I didn't want to own any of them if the first was FUBAR or I couldn't get the entire trilogy with an "accurate" BD release.

****, guess this means - I'll have yet another 3 films I have to pick up this season.

BTW, WHAT'S THE STORY ON THE TRILOGY BOXSET? Is there a trilogy boxset for BD and WILL IT feature correct framing for the part 1 disc included?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:18 PM

I remember the heat I took when I was talking about this back a couple of months ago. The attacks were endless.

Apologies will be accepted. j/k

I emailed Bill Hunt about it & he talked to Disney about it. He emailed me a couple of weeks ago saying Disney was replicating the corrected discs then.

Now it seems that the 9 minutes of misframing will finally be fixed.

Here's to Disney for admitting the product was wrong & correcting it.

I wish all studios could be like them. Their customer service & transfers & sound on all their movies are stellar.

It will be interesting to see how many of the people that gave me a hard time about this will get corrected copies so they can see the movie correctly.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm very happy about this. At least they are owning up to the problem and it'll be nice to watch the movie without missing heads. (I never noticed while watching it and now that it was pointed out to me its clear as day)
Old 11-30-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm glad I haven't watched mine yet. I'll wait for the corrected copy.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckydan View Post
I'm very happy about this. At least they are owning up to the problem and it'll be nice to watch the movie without missing heads. (I never noticed while watching it and now that it was pointed out to me its clear as day)
In most cases it was missing foreheads, however, Norrington lost his head in the blacksmith scene.

If they had misframed it the other way would we have seen boom mics?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Nice to see Disney is finally offering a replacement. The framing issues were never that big of a deal to me but I'll def be replacing my disc.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM

I guess the question for me now is do I keep the erroneous copy (because the shot where it's revealed they're swordfighting 5 inches off the ground on the "rafters" never fails to make me bust up laughing), or trade it in. Or, keep it, and when these hit the shelves, buy the corrected version.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM

[
Quote:
QUOTE=marine92104;482838]I remember the heat I took when I was talking about this back a couple of months ago. The attacks were endless.

Apologies will be accepted. j/k

I emailed Bill Hunt about it & he talked to Disney about it. He emailed me a couple of weeks ago saying Disney was replicating the corrected discs then.

Now it seems that the 9 minutes of misframing will finally be fixed.

Here's to Disney for admitting the product was wrong & correcting it.

I wish all studios could be like them. Their customer service & transfers & sound on all their movies are stellar.

It will be interesting to see how many of the people that gave me a hard time about this will get corrected copies so they can see the movie correctly.
[/QUOTE]

I'll just thank you myself on behalf of whatever losers you are talking about. I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for them.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Can't wait! This kept me from buying the two when they first came out. I hope they make a boxset with the corrected frames. If not I hope the new disc is easily recognizable. I don't want to buy the wrong disc and have to go through the whole replacement dealy.

Yeah Marine, I was with you all the way. Didn't understand how people could've put up with the errors. Glad it's finally being resolved.