24 on Blu-Ray??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 PM

Default 24 on Blu-Ray???

With season 6 out next Tuesday on DVD. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard what is the hold up with Fox and 24 on Blu-Ray? And for that matter Prison Break season 2.

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Yes, I would like to see 24 on blu-ray too!! I just finished watching Prison Break Season 1 on Blu-ray and I must see the second season. I refuse to buy the DVD version, but I might
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM

I saw season two on DVD but, I am waiting to buy in on Blu-Ray. Season 2 is great...you should at least rent it on netflix or at your local rental place. Fox is just pissing me off a little...out of the shows I buy the seasons...Fox is the only one dragging their feet with the HD formats.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 PM

24 Season 6 really sucked, but I admit, I'd be first in line to buy Bauer on Blu Ray. I have Seasons 1-5 on SDVD, do I wait to hold off on buying Season 6?? Has there been any speculation about FOX eventually releasing these?? I try and curb myself from buying any SDVD's ever again.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I just finished watching Prison Break Season 1 on Blu-ray and I must see the second season.
Don't get too excited. The show takes a nosedive pretty early on in the 2nd season and never really recovers. I gave up on it altogether a couple episodes into the current season.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower41 View Post
24 Season 6 really sucked, but I admit, I'd be first in line to buy Bauer on Blu Ray.
As far as best to worst, I'd rate them as such:

Day 5
Day 1
Day 4
Day 2
Day 3
Day 6

Day 6 was friggin' atrocious. It felt like they just quit 1/2-way through the season. Day 1 and 4 are about equal, but Dennis Hopper gives Day 1 the edge.

I'd buy any season on BD except 3 & 6. Day 5 is a must.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifuge View Post
As far as best to worst, I'd rate them as such:

Day 5
Day 1
Day 4
Day 2
Day 3
Day 6

Day 6 was friggin' atrocious. It felt like they just quit 1/2-way through the season. Day 1 and 4 are about equal, but Dennis Hopper gives Day 1 the edge.

I'd buy any season on BD except 3 & 6. Day 5 is a must.

Kiefer himself admitted that last season was crap. He said the only good episodes were the first two and the last two and he is absolutely correct. Day 7 looks much more promising with CTU now disbanded and the possible comeback of Almeada?? That is, if this season ever gets going with the strike.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower41 View Post
Kiefer himself admitted that last season was crap. He said the only good episodes were the first two and the last two and he is absolutely correct. Day 7 looks much more promising with CTU now disbanded and the possible comeback of Almeada?? That is, if this season ever gets going with the strike.
Almeada is indeed coming back, possibly as a bad guy. Watch this http://videos.24fans.net/s7_trailer2/
Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissRebel49 View Post
With season 6 out next Tuesday on DVD. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard what is the hold up with Fox and 24 on Blu-Ray? And for that matter Prison Break season 2.

Thanks!
Only problem is fox just sucks. Their output has been extremely slow filled with delays and long gaps.

I'd love to have firefly on HD but fox simply isn't supporting blu-ray as much as they could.

If they were anywhere close to Universals support for HD DVD who knows where we'd be in this format war.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Almeada is indeed coming back, possibly as a bad guy. Watch this http://videos.24fans.net/s7_trailer2/
That trailer does make it a little ambiguous. For some reason I'm not buying him being a villain, though he could probably play the part well. I can't wait to see what they do with this season - whenever it happens.