'POTC: At World's End' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'POTC: At World's End' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.' He says this Blu-ray release holds its own with earlier two films overall, boasting very good video and "simply fantastic" audio.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1018...worldsend.html
Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Seems a little harsh on PQ, sounded like a 4.5 since the gripes were only minor... ah well I got this baby pre-ordered, cannot wait!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM

I have a thing for buying terrible movies. I don't know what it is, but I feel compelled to own all 3 of a trilogy even if 1 or 2 are utter shit. I did it for Spidey, and I know I'll eventually break down and get this. In the meantime, I'll hold off and buy it used off of the Amazon marketplace or something. I may be a sucker for bad movies, but I'm not gonna pay full price for it.

Nice to know that the video is almost up to snuff with the first two, at least.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:09 PM

nice review... will pick this up...

but lets not forget here... seeing we're on topic with pirates franchise..

has disney come up with a replacement solution for pirates 1 disc... its been a while now and it really bothers me to see black pearl with cropped scenes...
Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM

i will still buy it, i loved all three films.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Already preordered...should be here tuesday.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Not a very good movie, but sounds like it has a great audio track. I think i'll skip day and date and just wait for this to hit a BOGO sale.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Wow, I KNEW clicking on that review I was gonna see 2 or 3 for movie, and then 5 video 5 audio. Shocked indeed.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyc2 View Post
Wow, I KNEW clicking on that review I was gonna see 2 or 3 for movie, and then 5 video 5 audio. Shocked indeed.
Same here. I did not expect to see the movie ranked at a 3!!! Anyway...good review all around. I know that many did not like this movie. I did not think it was that bad. Just hyped up a bit too much. It still grossed over $300 milllion here in the states and just shy of a billion dolllars worldwide. Still should sell well. Seeing the comericals on a daily basis quite a bit.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBOJVR View Post
nice review... will pick this up...

but lets not forget here... seeing we're on topic with pirates franchise..

has disney come up with a replacement solution for pirates 1 disc... its been a while now and it really bothers me to see black pearl with cropped scenes...
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

" Also today, we have a follow-up for you on one other Blu-ray issue. Some of you may recall that a few months ago, viewers reported a framing problem with a few scenes in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Blu-ray Disc. Disney has apparently corrected the problem in production, so future copies going into stores will feature the correct framing (we'll try to find out if there's a way to identify corrected copies by the packaging - UPC number variation or something). In the meantime, if you have a copy with the mis-framed footage, you will SOON be able to call the studio's Blu-ray customer service hotline at 1-800-723-4763 (U.S.) or 1-800-877-2843 (Canada) to arrange an exchange. Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly."