Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End - First Review! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End - First Review!

http://www.hidefpreview.com/POTC%20ATE%20BD.html

~Josh
Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 AM

Sounds like a winner! Definitely plan on getting this title to go along with 2.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 AM

Don't give that site any hits. Beatboy, I've said it in every thread, but you never respond to anyone's criticisms since your only point of existing is to shill your site then leave the thread.

Post a snippet or portion of the review in the thread. Otherwise, you're site whoring. There's a reason you were kicked off of AVS, and it looks like you haven't learned.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 AM

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...9&postcount=34

Are we watching the same movie
Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM

Here's my review after watching the UK release:

The film is actually worse, much worse, than you remember it at the cinema, and instead of enjoying the luxury of skipping the boring scenes to get to the good ones, you quickly discover there aren't any. Rather like Spider-man 3, the 'comedy' is misguided and simply ruins the characters. Orlando and Keira are so stiff in this pirate film you'd think they were playing the wooden planks. Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow overstayed his welcome midway though the last film. Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy are the film's only saving graces, but even they struggle with the material at times.

As far as I'm concerned, the transfer is at best average and never shows off the HD format's strengths.

The extras? I couldn't be bothered to watch them. Who cares how this film was made when we all know why it was made? I enjoyed the first film and generally found the second film OK, but this is absolutely awful. In its defence so was just about every other blockbuster this summer. But that's not really a defence, is it?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Asked this one for Christmas. Cant wait to check it out for myself. I look forward to the review on this site. Thanks for posting though.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Here's my review after watching the UK release:

The film is actually worse, much worse, than you remember it at the cinema, and instead of enjoying the luxury of skipping the boring scenes to get to the good ones, you quickly discover there aren't any. Rather like Spider-man 3, the 'comedy' is misguided and simply ruins the characters. Orlando and Keira are so stiff in this pirate film you'd think they were playing the wooden planks. Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow overstayed his welcome midway though the last film. Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy are the film's only saving graces, but even they struggle with the material at times.

As far as I'm concerned, the transfer is at best average and never shows off the HD format's strengths.

The extras? I couldn't be bothered to watch them. Who cares how this film was made when we all know why it was made? I enjoyed the first film and generally found the second film OK, but this is absolutely awful. In its defence so was just about every other blockbuster this summer. But that's not really a defence, is it?
To each his own. Lot of people did not like this film. I thought it was not that bad...just hyped up beyond reaching everyones approval. The trailer for this film on the TCOTBP and DMC I thought was stunning. We shall see. Still should sell well.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Another Review

A Detail Review From HighDefDiscNews

AQ:5
PQ:5
Extras:4.5

http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=386
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 AM

I really liked the movie, many people didnt, but that is why everyone has their own taste, lol
Old 11-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Don't give that site any hits. Beatboy, I've said it in every thread, but you never respond to anyone's criticisms since your only point of existing is to shill your site then leave the thread.

Post a snippet or portion of the review in the thread. Otherwise, you're site whoring. There's a reason you were kicked off of AVS, and it looks like you haven't learned.
I am not kicked-off AVS, nor have I ever been. From now on, I will post a portion of the review as well.

~Josh