'Appleseed Ex Machina' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
PeterB

Default 'Appleseed Ex Machina' -- pre-release buzz

Warner has announced it is bringing the anime 'Appleseed Ex Machina' to both next-gen formats on March 11:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/appleseedexmachina.html

No specs yet or supplement details, but stay tuned.

Retail is $34.99.

Note that this is a sequel to the original 'Appleseed,' but funny enough Warner has not yet announced it for high-def release...
Old 11-27-2007, 11:18 AM

I do not know why they don't have the 1st movie ready for HD format but it's ok I can wait for that one too.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't own any anime movies, but this one looks interesting since it's CGI. I might have to rent it.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM

This is awesome, awesome news - I'm so grateful that such anime/productions are coming to the formats with some regularity. The first CG Appleseed was great entertainment overall, despite having an unbalanced/imperfect story. I don't know much about this sequel but it's probably close to being a blind buy for me.

Has anyone seen it or know what to expect?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM

It would be nice if Sony was to release a remaster Hi-Def of Street Fighter 2 the movie. The last DVD release was a good one due to the inclusion of the original Japanese version, but they didn't do much as restoring the image. Then again I guess we were lucky to even get that DVD release at all .
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Appleseed is a must have for me
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspec View Post
It would be nice if Sony was to release a remaster Hi-Def of Street Fighter 2 the movie. The last DVD release was a good one due to the inclusion of the original Japanese version, but they didn't do much as restoring the image. Then again I guess we were lucky to even get that DVD release at all .
I just bought that release myself. I want HD everything though, so I guess I'd still be happy if it came out soon. Chun-Li shower/Vega scene - yum.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 AM

Im happy to see any Blu-Anime at this point, I still haven't watched my DBZ-Blu Broly yet, hopefully sometime this week, ive been watching the upconverted new DBZ boxsets and they look incredible, im sure that the Broly Blu DVD will look even better

Keep the Anime coming please
Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Really enjoyed the first one visuals were stunning can't imagine it on Blu Ray. Just got a new job so now I can drop it like its hot on every blu ray title I want I am one happy consumer.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM

wtf no JP audio at all?

I'll wait for the BD JP release in a year or so and import that if it has English subs/dub.