BD-J is da bomb... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2007, 02:47 AM

Default BD-J is da bomb...

I am really enjoying my PS3 and Cars/Ratatouille. Disney/Pixar did a really a good job with these discs.

For Cars:
- The find the car game is pretty cool. I was playing it with my son. Pretty cool and interactive where it keeps tally of your score throughout the movie. There is the main game and a sub game that goes with it. Great for a title which I know my son will be watching over and over (get more out of it).

For Ratatouille:
- The cooking game is interesting. They rendered those extra bits to really get you into the game. However this one didn't really cover the whole movie so not sure how much I will play it though.
- Did anyone check out the delete scene bit with the Pixar employees? Especailly the last one where he destroys his computer. They really enjoy their work.

I find that Disney really did a good job with these extras. Lots of TLC went into it (rendering new graphics, coding the mini games, high quality extras).

I find that a PS3 is a definate plus to have with these type of interactivity due to the possible load time. I never need to wait more then 20-30 seconds when they load the BD-J and almost instant for most transitions.

This is one reason I think why Disney picked Blu-Ray. They like to maximize their product and BD-J allow them to get really creative while protecting their work.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:34 AM

Haven't played the Cars game yet but did play the Ratatoullie one and thought it was on of the best movie games out there.