Has Anybody Seen The "Ghost in the Shell" Blu-Ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Has Anybody Seen The "Ghost in the Shell" Blu-Ray?

Wow! Had no idea this had been released on Blu-Ray. Does it play on US Blu-Ray players? Anybody get this? I read a review and they said it was much better than the sd version. Would really like to get this if it has no region coding.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Wow! Had no idea this had been released on Blu-Ray. Does it play on US Blu-Ray players? Anybody get this? I read a review and they said it was much better than the sd version. Would really like to get this if it has no region coding.
Yes it plays in US and yes it had english subs.
PQ is quite good, sound is a little disappointing ( only dolby 2.0 ) but love it.
Ghost in the Shell: Innocence is also out on blu with english subs and looks and sounds AMAZING
Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 PM

Thanks! Great news.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Thanks! Great news.
Innocence is region coded though.

edit: Region A so no problem on US players...
Old 11-22-2007, 09:22 AM

To say that the Blu-ray looks a lot better than the DVD is really a measure of how bad the Region 1 DVD is. I compared the two, and the DVD is positively out of focus. The Region 2 DVD included with the Blu-ray is a lot better, and honestly the difference between that disc and the Blu-ray isn't huge. The Blu-ray is better, but not vastly so.

Both discs have only 2.0 audio (Japanese PCM and English DD) and just a couple of trailers as supplements.

The set is extremely expensive and difficult to recommend except to die-hard fans.