Harry Potter on BD! Gorgeous! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM

Thumbs up Harry Potter on BD! Gorgeous!

Hey guys. For once, being in Europe pays off with an earlier release date (same could be said for Spidey and Oceanís 13, I guess). Anyway, despite a slow shipment from Amazon.de, I received my Harry Potter Box set in the mail yesterday (along with Paprika and Tekkoninkreet). I havenít had a chance to go through them all yet, but what I have viewed is amazing! Iím sitting here now watching Order of the Phoenix and the colors alone are making this such a visual treatÖ Iím picking up on no edge enhancement, graininess or any other detractions that would keep this film from a perfect PQ rating.
The audio is excellent too, although I canít really crank it here in our apartment without getting grief from any number of our neighbors.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this one out. Itís a great title and well worth the pick up for anyone who doesnít already have it on pre-order. (btw Ė the amazon here had a box set option which was simply the five movies, as opposed to the gift set. That was my preference, as Iím not really into odd packaging and the later movies wouldnít have fit in so niceÖ)
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Does the disc include TrueHD or PCM track?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

No grain? I beg to differ. The transfer is great, but grain is in many scenes. The audio is definitely demo material though.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 PM

I brought the Order of Phoenix for my mate for Christmas, and I hope it's as good as it should be............
Old 11-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
No grain? I beg to differ. The transfer is great, but grain is in many scenes. The audio is definitely demo material though.
Isn't the movie supposed to have some grain since it was shot on film?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yes! But the OP said "Iím picking up on no edge enhancement, graininess or any other detractions that would keep this film from a perfect PQ rating
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
Yes! But the OP said "Iím picking up on no edge enhancement, graininess or any other detractions that would keep this film from a perfect PQ rating
Not everyone has the eye of a robot to see every detail lol.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

imo the grain was pretty obvious.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:28 AM

Did either of you purchase the box set?

If so, does it have room for the rest of the movies?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmist View Post
Did either of you purchase the box set?

If so, does it have room for the rest of the movies?
That's exactly why I'm holding back on getting this boxset. There are two movies left, they could improve on the transfers between now and then, so if they did I would end up double dipping. So it just makes sense to wait till they're all out to buy them together.