fans of the latter may end up disappointed. Kenneth says the film
itself is problematic, while this Blu-ray release is a mixed bag, with
a solid video transfer and an uncompressed PCM audio track both easily
besting the standard DVD, but neither coming close to the best
high-def releases.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1000...ndgrendel.html
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 AM

Hey, someone else actually likes "The 13th Warrior"! Woohoo! I'm not alone!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:33 AM

The reviewer at Blu-Ray.com really liked this movie. I think it's definitely worth putting in my Netflix queue and giving it a shot.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 AM

This film was terrible, my guess is they try to make some money from it by releasing it now that the Beowolf cg animation is doing so well in cinemas. Stay away.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 AM

I bought this movie on DVD about six months ago on a whim and while it's not the most action packed version of Beowulf out there I did really enjoy the story and the way it was presented. I could see folks thinking it's a slow movie but It reminded me of an older style of film making the kind before the Michael Bays of the world arrived. I think the only thing I disliked about the movie was Sarah Polly. Her acting was fine but every time she talked she was the only one without an accent and it pulled me out of the film.

I really did enjoy it quite a bit and I'd recommend at least getting it on netflix or renting it especially if your a fan of the Beowulf story. I'll probably pick up the blu-ray disc as I did like the movie that much.

And for the record I like the 13th Warrior as well.

-bish
Old 11-21-2007, 04:27 AM

For the record, I bought this movie over a week ago at walmart for under $20. I skimmed through it and actually did not watch the movie. I traded it in with a few others and got Shrek the Third instead.

My mistake in blind buying this movie I still have not watched was thinking this was the beowulf title everybody was talking about. That actually comes out later. Boy was I wrong and disappointed in my blind buy spending habits just because it said Beowulf too. I should slow down.

P.S. I like 13th warrior too, but this did not appear to be like that at all. Just a goblin in the water.