'Prison Break' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Prison Break' - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of 'Prison Break: Season One' is up. Although he hadn't seen the show prior to viewing this Blu-ray, he quite enjoyed it, and says this Blu-ray is winner, too. Both the video and audio are sharp, and Fox hasn't skimped on the extras, porting over everything from the previous DVD release.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1083...nbreak_s1.html
Old 11-16-2007, 03:13 AM

I wonder if he really watches all 22 episodes before writing up the review. I never seen this show, so I don't know if it's something that you can watch straight like that.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 AM

i bought this set back on Tuesday, but haven't opened it yet...i was waiting for this review to see if it was worth keeping (in terms of pq over dvd) otherwise i would return it and just keep my dvd version...thankfully it was and tonight is gonna be a prison break night once i get home, awesome review!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
I wonder if he really watches all 22 episodes before writing up the review. I never seen this show, so I don't know if it's something that you can watch straight like that.
You'll want to watch all the episodes in a row. The storylines are intertwined such that you learn more as the show progresses thought the season. As the reviewer mentioned, the episodes are usually left in a cliffhanger. Something that is postive for the characters to look forward to or a dangerous posistion them.

Prison Breaks' second season was just as good if not better once you've watched the first seson. I've enjoyed the current season so far and it's progressively better.

I would recommend this to everyone.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underoath View Post
i bought this set back on Tuesday, but haven't opened it yet...i was waiting for this review to see if it was worth keeping (in terms of pq over dvd) otherwise i would return it and just keep my dvd version...thankfully it was and tonight is gonna be a prison break night once i get home, awesome review!!
Why would you even be worried about it if you already had it on dvd? when i upgrade one of my SD's and get the HD version i know im most likley getting a better copy, especcialy with a big fox release.. why would u even wonder?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Where are the language tracks?

Hi,
I received my copy of Prison Break BD, but I don't have the French and Japanese tracks on my audio menu options, only English DTS.

Are you sure the tracks are on your review copy?
I know that the tracks are printed on the back of the box, but they are not on the discs.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 AM

This is definately a must buy on blu-ray. I have all the episodes on my PC, I have the DVD and I'm picking up the Blu-ray today. This show is on its third season now and its still finding new ways to keep it very entertaining. I had the same doubts when I heard about this show. "Who wants to watch two guys break out of prison?" But it's so much more than that. A friend forced me to watch it and I couldn't stop. I also worried what would happen after season one, they cant make a 3-4 season show on just that one concept. Well let me tell you, season two was just as outstanding as season one, and season three is excellent too. Its so much more than just two guys breaking out of prison.

Anyway, thats my review on the show. If you're on the fence about purchasing it, just do it you definately will not regret it.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM

I'm HD DVD... let me tell you guys,

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME

I'm jealous it's on Blu-ray. All of you should go buy it.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedChampion View Post
I'm HD DVD... let me tell you guys,

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME

I'm jealous it's on Blu-ray. All of you should go buy it.
Ditto. I have followed this show from day 1 and it just keeps getting better.
I am jealous.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Mines on route across the ocean

Cant wait loved this 1st Season , 2nd wasnt as good, waiting to see the 3rd

Not sure about the rumours of Prison Break: Cherry Hills either, about a womans prision... I imagine the women will be hot so it might pan out !