'Oceans 13' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Oceans 13' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's review of 'Oceans 13' is up. He says fans of the film are likely to appreciate this Blu-ray release, but newcomers perhaps less so. The issue has less to do with any major technical deficiencies of this disc, and more to do with the film's aesthetics -- simply put, the material just doesn't quite shine in high-def. On the bright side, Warner has thrown in an nice extra for early adopters: an exclusive audio commentary from director Steven Soderbergh.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1080...sthirteen.html
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM

One to avoid. I will get this in SD DVD.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Former Member

I ordered teh blu-ray trilogy on ebay tonite for 40 plus 5 ship. Since Kenneth's remarks were more about aesthetics than noise, it should be a good view!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:04 AM

I was on the fence about getting this on blu-ray and now I think I will just stick with the SD DVD the blu or HD DVD dosent sound like much of an upgrade.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I was on the fence about getting this on blu-ray and now I think I will just stick with the SD DVD the blu or HD DVD dosent sound like much of an upgrade.
I don't understand the logic in that. In any way the High-Def picture quality may be disappointing (which is debatable), the SD DVD is only going to be more so.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM

The 3 pack at Amazon cost the same reguardless of which format you get (BD vs HD)....this is a first. So in this case I got the HD version since they are combo discs, in case any of non-upgrading my friends/relatives want to borrow them.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I don't understand the logic in that. In any way the High-Def picture quality may be disappointing (which is debatable), the SD DVD is only going to be more so.
I completely agree. I would take any HD version over the SD DVD one. I ordered the trilogy and I'm looking forward to checking them out.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Because the dvd is usually much cheaper and easier to rent. I can rent the dvd for $1 or buy the movie for $30. If the hd dvd isn't high def (crap picture, dvd level audio) so to speak, then why spend the extra $$.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Will we be seeing any reviews of Ocean's Eleven, and Twelve?

I'm curious to see if the other two are similar or better in reviews.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
It's still a huge upgrade from the DVD version -- the DVD version is a blocky mess. Hope that helps!