Target has Santa Clause 3 - Denied - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Target has Santa Clause 3 - Denied

I was just at Target picking up a few things and they had Santa Clause 3 out. I grabbed a copy but when I got to the front register it showed "Do not sell". I have picked up other titles before the scheduled release date at Target without a problem but this time it wouldn't allow the computer to ring it up and when they called the electronics department they said not to sell it and they would pull the rest from the racks.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Is Blu-ray cracking down on sales before the release date?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
I was just at Target picking up a few things and they had Santa Clause 3 out. I grabbed a copy but when I got to the front register it showed "Do not sell". I have picked up other titles before the scheduled release date at Target without a problem but this time it wouldn't allow the computer to ring it up and when they called the electronics department they said not to sell it and they would pull the rest from the racks.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Is Blu-ray cracking down on sales before the release date?
If something is out on display to purchase, They have to sell it to you.

I used to get all my DVD's 2 weeks sometimes before the street date at Tower Records (R.I.P)
Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

The same thing has happened to me 3 times in the past couple of weeks at my local Wal-Mart. They had the recalled HD DVD Jack Ryan Collection out, and I went to check out, and the computer said it was a restricted item, so the cashier wouldn't sell it to me. The following week I was back there, and there was the same Jack Ryan Collection back on the shelf. I tried to buy it again, but same thing. Then yesterday I was there, and what was out again? Yep, the Jack Ryan Collection. But of course, they wouldn't let me buy it yet again. You'd think they wouldn't put it back out on the shelf.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
You'd think they wouldn't put it back out on the shelf.

Have you checked the auto-checker?

That line almost gave me chills! No, it might be possible to get going through the automatic checkline(if they have one; ie. walmart). Someone claimed it worked on another board, FYI.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Have you checked the auto-checker?

That line almost gave me chills! No, it might be possible to get going through the automatic checkline(if they have one; ie. walmart). Someone claimed it worked on another board, FYI.
I did indeed try the self-checkout the second time. It came up with a message that said "Restricted Item - Please Set Aside." The girl watching the self-checkout lanes then tried to ring it up at her cash register, but it said the same thing.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM

They did you a favor. Why would you buy such a piece of shit movie?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Really! Don't admit stuff like this Voo!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM

If they are dumb enough to put it on the shelf; have the customer willing to purchase; they should honor the sale.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Really! Don't admit stuff like this Voo!
LMAO...

I never said I had great taste in movies...
Old 11-15-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
If something is out on display to purchase, They have to sell it to you.

I used to get all my DVD's 2 weeks sometimes before the street date at Tower Records (R.I.P)
Not true. I've working in retail plenty in my life, and one of the biggest things they preach at Target is street date items. For one, the person that put it on the shelf is a complete idiot to begin with. When you scan the item into the system to see where it goes on the shelf, it would tell you the street date anyways. Two, street date laws are the most important thing in retail right now. If they are caught selling items before the street date, they can get a nice big ass fine sent to them. On top of that, they don't have to sell anything that is on the shelf to anyone. Think about Wal-Mart and it's rated R movies that ask if you are 17 before you can buy it. Or think about video games that are rated M and ask if you're 18 before you buy it. Street dates work the same way. Just because it's on the shelf doesn't mean they have to sell it to you if they're breaking the law in the process.