Prison Break S1 pq? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM

Question Prison Break S1 pq?

has anyone watched it yet? how is the pq? i really wanna pick it up, but waiting for the review...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM

Got this one in Today and here's my brief thoughts. I'm giving the V 4.5 and A 5.0. Full review will be up tomorrow:

Video Quality on this release is 1080p AVC-MPEG 4 on 6 50GB Dual-Layered Discs. Color usage was excellent with a majority of the shots having that 3-D pop to them. The blues and whites of the prisoners' outfits looked great with excellent detail. My only complaint is in some of the darker sequences, the colors (particularly black) seemed to almost smear together. Not the biggest issue IMO, but still noticable. Perhaps it's because I'm finally watching HD material on a 1080p display (thanks to my new XBR4), but the detail here (particularly in one sequence in the second episode where Scofield and Abruzzi are near each other) looked almost real. Grain was never noticeable, but video noise did poke itself in during some of the indoor sequences in Veronica's office. Having seen this entire season on DVD when it came out, and having sampled the series on Fox HD (which I believe was filmed in 1080i), this Blu-Ray release improves the DVD and broadcast image quite a bit. This is one pleasant, consistent image from the folks over at Fox proving that their gloves are off for the upcoming holiday season.

Audio Quality on this release is DTS MA Lossless. As good as the video quality was, imagine my shock in that the audio quality is even better. Actually scratch, the audio quality might be perfect here. Dialogue is simple, clean and never difficult to understand. Dynamic Range is excellent with all the sounds of Fox River coming alive and out of our surrounds. Bass is incredible here as, literally at volume 40/100 on my V20, my table shook. Never does the bass overpower the dynamics or the surrounds. Instead the bass compliments every piece of dialogue, music and action that is occurring. Speaking of surrounds, I've always loved the music of the show. Simply the eerie feel the show's theme creates setting the viewer in the perfect mood for what's about to happen.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM

awesome thanks a lot...looks like a buy for me then
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM

My full review is up:

Prison Break Review
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChaos View Post
My full review is up:

Prison Break Review
Can't wait!