Any Ocean's 13/trilogy reviews? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Any Ocean's 13/trilogy reviews?

I'm wondering how the PQ turned out before I head out shopping today.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default aq

No idea about PQ, but they all only have regular Dolby Digital for audio!!!! What the hell is that about??
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Ocean's Blu-ray is awful

I loved the movies, but the PQ and quality is awful all the way around. I was very disappointed with the hi-def quality of Ocean's 11 and 12. Ocean's 13 looked a little better but not by much. The colors were over saturated. The detail was non existent and the image was extremely grainy. I pulled out the dvd version and the upscaling on the PS3 produces nearly the same result. The audio isnt much better with just standard dolby digital 5.1. I wished I saved my money and kept the dvds. This is as bad as "The Fifth Element" when it was released the 1st time.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Just watched Oceans 13 and the PQ is terrible. I actually put another movie in after I had finished watching it because I assumed something must be up with my TV or settings.....

I seriously doubt I would have bought this if I had seen the picture before hand

The picture can look good at times but when the image is dark it looks just horrible. And the colours look completely oversaturated, especially the reds.

Saw this exactly a week after Ratatouille and I dont think you could imagine such a difference in contrast between the PQ of two titles.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 AM

http://www.dvdfile.com/index.php?opt...=6375&Itemid=3

Thats a review for 13 on BR they say PQ is good. I didn't buy it I rented the SD version and trust me that had BAD BAD BAD PQ. Al Pachino looked black, and video was so grainry it looked like I was was watching a SAND defanition as aposed to the standerd def. To be honest thats one of the worst SD movies I've seen in a while as far as PQ goes
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM

Damn, that's a deception, I wanted to add these to my collection. The DVD features horrible edge enhancement by the way, I'm still wondering why the DVDforum doesn't outlaw the thing and fine any studio using EE on a transfert.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 AM

to people complaining...the over saturation of colors are exactly like the film print in theaters...thats part of the style of the ocean's movies...

all 3 looked great to me, and surprisingly enough, ocean's 12 has special features unlike its SD counterpart
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam86 View Post
to people complaining...the over saturation of colors are exactly like the film print in theaters...thats part of the style of the ocean's movies...

all 3 looked great to me, and surprisingly enough, ocean's 12 has special features unlike its SD counterpart
I never saw Ocean's 13 in the cinema so I cant compare it to that. It's just that the image looked so bad I really thought something was up with my TV. Maybe that was the directors intent.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Angry Oceans 13 = Worst transfer ever.

I own both formats, and this was the worst Blu-Ray I have seen. It doesn't look any better than regular DVD (maybe even worse) . At times I thought I was watching a cam copy. Is it just me or do other people agree? No detail, colors overblown, dark???? What happened here? This cannot be the directors intention? Has anyone seen the HD DVD? Is it the same?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob5150 View Post
I own both formats, and this was the worst Blu-Ray I have seen. It doesn't look any better than regular DVD (maybe even worse) . At times I thought I was watching a cam copy. Is it just me or do other people agree? No detail, colors overblown, dark???? What happened here? This cannot be the directors intention? Has anyone seen the HD DVD? Is it the same?
Actually, I do remember it looking like that in the theater, I thought they had a crappy screen or projector. I remember the whole film seeming dark, and the reds were waaay over-blown. I guess I won't be picking it up, I'll just rent it.

Last edited by ChrisInCali; 11-14-2007 at 10:58 AM.