Grrrrrrr why only DD on Oceans 13 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Grrrrrrr why only DD on Oceans 13

Why has Warner chose again to only put DD on the Blu-ray release and DD+ on HD-dvd. Of course i still picked up the Blu-ray version; I always do if i have a choice. But still kinda annoying.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 PM

as usual in warner practice DD on BD & DD+ on HD are the same.
all on 640
Old 11-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Default dd

That is so weak. Why not just release it in 480p while your at it?? DD+ is pushing it, DD at 640k is just wrong. I hope no one buys this.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Well that just made my decision to wait for this box set until I get my 360 back. No inferior Blu discs for me. The HD DVD's are dual format too, this is kinda a no brainer for the same price.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower41 View Post
Well that just made my decision to wait for this box set until I get my 360 back. No inferior Blu discs for me. The HD DVD's are dual format too, this is kinda a no brainer for the same price.
well i still bought it, cause i dont want lose warner blu-ray support. And its not like DD to DThd. Its only DD+.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino13 View Post
well i still bought it, cause i dont want lose warner blu-ray support. And its not like DD to DThd. Its only DD+.
I wouldn't worry too much about Warner sticking with one over the other at this point... I would however worry that Warner continues to put out inferior Blu Ray discs on the same date and release as the HD DVD version.

Theyve made it pretty clear they like playing with the HD DVD's functionality and features. I, for one like the dual format discs, included with DD+....that's 2 checks against the Blu Ray version.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower41 View Post
Theyve made it pretty clear they like playing with the HD DVD's functionality and features. I, for one like the dual format discs, included with DD+....that's 2 checks against the Blu Ray version.
Both the HD DVD and BD have DD at 640kbps apparently so the only strike against the blu-ray is it's lack of combo functionality.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM

I'm not so sure everyone is hearing what a couple of folks have said here....

Just because the HD DVD version says DD+ and the Blu-ray version says DD (no plus) doesn't mean SQUAT if the DD+ version isn't mastered at a higher bit rate. Which, it probably won't be. So, from an audio standpoint, the two versions are likely to be IDENTICAL!!!

So, if that turns out to be true, the reality is BOTH versions got the shaft as far as audio goes!!

Mark
Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
I'm not so sure everyone is hearing what a couple of folks have said here....

Just because the HD DVD version says DD+ and the Blu-ray version says DD (no plus) doesn't mean SQUAT if the DD+ version isn't mastered at a higher bit rate. Which, it probably won't be. So, from an audio standpoint, the two versions are likely to be IDENTICAL!!!

So, if that turns out to be true, the reality is BOTH versions got the shaft as far as audio goes!!

Mark
Thank you. I'm repeating your post because there are a few people here that need the education...hint watchtower41
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 PM

No lossless, no buy. =/