Help me - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Help me

Man, I have a problem. I am addicted to buying blurays(few hd dvds)[email protected][email protected] I just can't stop and I don't even watch the dam things. I see a special deal or bogo and buy the movie. The movies are like buying toys for me as an adult. They look so fun and exciting and call my name. I get the movie home, put them in, check out the audio and video, then put them on my shelf where its stays.

I need to start watching these, but most of the movies are action and I need to listen to action movies LOUD. My wife thinks anything above tv speaker level is too loud, so there goes that. I have to wait till my wife is out to listen the movies like they should be listened to. If something doesn't fall off a shelf from the bass, its not loud enough!!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 PM

Yeah, you do have a problem. Wish I had enough money to not even use what I buy.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker View Post
Man, I have a problem. I am addicted to buying blurays(few hd dvds)[email protected][email protected] I just can't stop and I don't even watch the dam things. I see a special deal or bogo and buy the movie. The movies are like buying toys for me as an adult. They look so fun and exciting and call my name. I get the movie home, put them in, check out the audio and video, then put them on my shelf where its stays.

I need to start watching these, but most of the movies are action and I need to listen to action movies LOUD. My wife thinks anything above tv speaker level is too loud, so there goes that. I have to wait till my wife is out to listen the movies like they should be listened to. If something doesn't fall off a shelf from the bass, its not loud enough!!
I know what you mean. In the last two weeks, I have bought 5 blu-ray movies and 19 hd dvd movies. Combined, I own 103 hi def movies!!!! I am cutting myself off until January. I have asked for six hi def movies for Christmas: 3 blu, 3 red.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM

It's not so bad. Plenty of people just like to collect the movies. They are nice collectibles really, I love just sitting down and looking at the cases!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

If you want You can buy them and send them to me. Iam always willing to help someone out.....
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM

I am in the same boat I have been on a rampage. I have probably bought at least 15 blu ray movies in the last week. I have only bought a few for hd dvd. I few monthes ago I was on the same rampage with hd dvds. Oh well the wife and kids like it!!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:55 AM

If you'd rather not watch them all, you can always post them on the for sale board and let others enjoy them.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 AM

My girlfriend keeps me on a very tight rope. She goes on at me if i buy one movie (unless it's one she wants to watch too). She's accepting it a little bit more now when i do buy them since we bought our new tv and she's seen how nice they look in hd. if i buy her a movie that she thinks is worth having in HD then she's ok about it. I got her clockwork orange on bluray last week and since that movie has never looked any better, then she didn't complain. However, she had a moan when i bought 2001 and Close Encounters. it was more because i've never seen them but they got good reviews.

Once our partners get their heads around the fact that HD is worth it, then it will be a smooth ride from there.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Same situation here. Since aquiring my PS3, I have been seeking deals on Blu-Ray discs. My wife is a bit shocked on how many I got. However I just told her that it's holiday promotions, explain about what's going on (Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) and it really isn't that bad... they are just really cheap now.

Since her dad used to collect Laser Discs, and I explained to her how much those costs... I don't have any problems now.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 PM

I hear you. As I am writing this, I have 20 (with 11 more on the way thanks to BOGO, and I ordered Incubus: Alive at the Red Rocks for only $15) HD movies sitting right next to me that I have bought within the past month, and only 2 that I have watched. I've seen all the movies, but I have yet to watch the other 18 in all their HD glory. I had to force myself NOT to buy the Ocean's boxset.

I Think I'm only going to purchase my MUST gets for a period of time. I already ordered Pirate's 3, and The Simpson's Movie, the only other ones right now that are must gets for me are Good Luck Chuck, Shoot 'Em Up, and Superbad.

Really, I like to think of my addiction as a collection. People collect cards, and comics, why can't I collect HDM?