If You Buy Them, They Will Stay - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Default If You Buy Blu, They Will Stay

Basic Principal:
If people buy blu-ray then it will stay on the market...GO SPEND YOUR MONEY

Last edited by Tofu; 01-28-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

Did it take you three posts to come to that conclusion, or did you come to that conclusion at three posts?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Well after reading through some peoples list it seems like they have alot of "wants" but aren't doing anything about it
Old 01-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
Well after reading through some peoples list it seems like they have alot of "wants" but aren't doing anything about it
Well HDTV in general has not been, how do you put it, evenly applied to the public for a long time. So, many are hesitate, even if they have the money, to make that leap of faith into the HD player market, be it HD DVD or Blue-Ray. Having two formats for the J6P already breeds a sense of uncertainty and us humans just by our nature don't like walking the uncertain path. Many of us want things to be well understood, in this case a standard does exist, then we get our warm and fuzzes about it.

But, a lots of us like to experiment, like me and we do make that leap of faith regardless if either format wins we still want HD.

Of course keep in mind, a world in which dual formats do exist, is also possible. We have different makes of cars, they all do the same thing, take us from point A to point B, they just do it differently and some better then others. Blue-Ray, is technologically superior in my opinion, but HD DVD does the same thing, both display HD content.

Just and FYI to all, I don't mean to introduce HD DVD into a Blue-ray thread, but I think you have to incorporate HD DVD into the discussion. So, if this turns into a discussion that leads to HD DVD vs. Blue-ray, I or another moderator is going to move this thread to the smack down forum.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:11 PM

I believe in this idea - to a limit. I was thinking of getting Fanstastic 4 - but it was $35 at Bestbuy. Its not that great of movie.

But there is a lot of movies in the up and coming list that I do like and will get. Plus if Disney release all the Pixar movies and classics movies I would but them without even thinking about it.

Image the Toy Story series on Blu-Ray at 1080p.

Before 2007, I thought 2 formats will exist - now I think it should be only one because the studios have made there choice. So have I. Blu-Ray is my choice to purchase.

Last edited by hstewarth; 01-28-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Tofu has some cash he/she i believe wishes to share with us

Having said that, I believe what he/she has to say but it dosent work as easy. Im supporting blu-ray in means I can. By tellings friends and family and customers about it and buying when I can but like others said, you like Blu-ray or HD-DVD as much as you want but if a title is $39, you might have a hard time coughing that much cash up for it
Old 01-28-2007, 04:18 PM

I think its excellent that word is getting out there and yes in the end it will end up being High Definition, however I think the only person that ever gets hurt in a situation like this is the consumer. No one is really willing to invest in something you are unsure of, other formats such as betamax, laserdisc, and umds never really made it off the ground because no one was willing to make an investment. And yes, its very risky to put alot of money into something you aren't even sure of will survive in the end. But, if you aren't willing to put money into it, then chances are it won't last on the market, making that nice convenient playstation 3 built in blu ray player practically useless.
The only way I was able to build a hefty collection was selling off my dvd collection (a very stupid move now that I look back on it) but was glad because I found a store in Dallas that sold used hd formats blu ray and hddvd. Then, after buying a couple I realized that the only person who benefits from that is the retailer.
1 - Because those discs were more then likely stolen if they were hitting used stores this early into it
2 - The companies won't make a dime off of it because it is more then likely stolen merchanidse being resold giving the retailer all of the profits
So buy safe and buy smart
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidevil98 View Post
Did it take you three posts to come to that conclusion, or did you come to that conclusion at three posts?
Seems quite an obvious statement, however not many people put their money where there mouth is!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
Basic Principal:
If people buy blu-ray then it will stay on the market...GO SPEND YOUR MONEY
I bought lots of 3DO games.. I also bought lots of Dreamcast games.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:46 PM

One person won't be able to change a market, which is why it needs support from as many as possible