FLASHPOINT pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 AM

Default FLASHPOINT pre-release buzz

FLASHPOINT has been listed for pre-order from hkflix.com on Blu-Ray. Incredible action film, as enjoyable as SPL(aka KILLZONE). It is a HK release same region as the US-and at 34.95 it's a good price IMO.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny gaunt View Post
FLASHPOINT has been listed for pre-order from hkflix.com on Blu-Ray. Incredible action film, as enjoyable as SPL(aka KILLZONE). It is a HK release same region as the US-and at 34.95 it's a good price IMO.
Excellent film!!

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm
Old 11-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Some HK etailers have it for a few bucks cheaper. I personally enjoyed SPL better, but I'll definitely be picking up Flash Point. That last fight is awesome.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Flash Point AKA City with No Mercy in HK

Hong Kong has got a new title:

Flash Point AKA City with no Mercy.

http://dddhouse.com/v3/product_detai...ProductID=7767

Quote:
Starring : Donnie Yen, Louis Koo, Chau Siu Lung, Ray Lui, Fang Bing Bing
DVD Region/Format : Blue-ray Region A
Rating/Genres : Action, Adventure
Distributed by : Deltamac Hong Kong
Year of film : 2007
Directed By : Wilson Yip Wai Shun
Release Date : 08-11-2007
Pre-Order Price : HK$222/US$28.46
Description :
Blu-ray (Region A)
1080p
Widescreen

Language:Cantonese(Dolby Digital 6.1EX / DTS 6.1ES);
Mandarin(Dolby Digital 6.1EX)
Sound Effect:Cantonese(PCM 7.1);(DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO 7.1)
Chinese & English Subtitles

Special Features:
Shooting Diary
Deleted Scenes
Making of
Ultimate Fighters
Theatrical / Teaser Trailers
TV Spots
LPCM 7.1

Synopsis :
Pre-1997, a hero's story. One man; one car; tearing down the road like a flash of lightening. The man; Jun Ma, Detective Sergeant, Serious Crimes Unit. Like the sports car he controls Jun is fast, precise and brutal - harnessing a horse power that fears to be unleashed. Jun detests crime and his life long nemeses are a Vietnamese gang of three brothers - eldest brother Archer, the bully; second brother Tony, the cool calculator; youngest brother Tiger, the fighter. Their skills have seen them grow steadily in the criminal world. In order to further infiltrate the gang and fight them from within, Jun has planted a mole, Wilson, who has managed to gain the complete trust of the gang and has become their personal bodyguard. Over the years Wilson has become more and more unhappy with Jun's impulsive and unruly style, their disagreements in their way of working has led to constant arguments and altercations.
DDDHouse is the cheapest price I have seen with US$28.46 and they are very good. Have ordered some discs from them before and will definitely order this discs also from them!

This must be a day-and-date also.

Last edited by Merlins; 11-07-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 PM

The DVD has been out for a couple of months now. I have it, and it has a very nice transfer, so I predict this will look superb if it is treat right!

It's a good film but I agree with the above poster that Sha Po Lang is the better movie.

I can also vouch for DDDHouse. They offer a very good level of service.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM

I had to do a quick post before going to work. I think that it is as good a film based on the fight cheoragraphy as SPL. I don't think it connects as well as SPL in regards to themes(pertaining to paternal instict) nor in the villians sense of menace nor motivation. But heck we're comparing the actors in FLASHPOINT to Sammo, so obviously it was going to be a slighted observation.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:16 AM

Oh yeah, the fight between Donnie Yen and Colin Chou is superb. I myself, however, think SPL tops it in that regard as I just love the fight between Donnie Yen and Wu Jing. It's possibly one of the most brutal scenes I've seen in years. It's fair to say that after being bombarded with movies starring pop stars for so long, SPL reminded me of why I loved HK cinema in the first place. I sincerely hope it follows 'Flashpoint' into hi-def quickly!

Dammit, now I've made myself want to watch it again!

Regardless of which I personally find better, both films are worth seeing and, IMO, owning.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

Absolutely, a double dip for FP and a triple for SPL.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM

DDDHouse just shipped my order
For story & character development parts, I prefer SPL; for fighting part (especially the final fight), I like FP better.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 PM

I just watched my copy tonight, I ordered it from xploitedcinema. Great transfer, I'd rate it at a 4 or 4.5, some grain(intentional I believe) and blurring during camera motion. The still shots are incredible.