For those of you who ordered Ratatouille and Cars from Amazon! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default For those of you who ordered Ratatouille and Cars from Amazon!

Those of you who ordered Ratatouille and Cars from Amazon! make sure you get them to refund you the $10. On Amazons Blu-Ray page they are offering $10 off if you buy Ratatouille and either Cars or the Pixar Shorts. I preordered these a couple of weeks ago and checked the ship notification emails I received and there was no sign of the $10 credit. Maybe it was because Amazon decided to split my order into 2 shipments. Cars and Pixar Shorts shipped yesterday and Ratatouille Shipped today. Neither "ship notification" email showed the $10 credit. I sent an email to customer service this morning inquiring about the credit and I received this cookie cutter response exactly 6 minutes after I received the "ship notification" for Ratatouille:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

Unfortunately, we are unable to apply special discounts to items once the order has been completed. I am sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order. I hope that you will be able to take advantage of our future promotions.

If you have any further questions, please visit our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/help

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Now pissed off, I get on the phone an talked to one of their agents. I had to walk her through Amazon's webpage to show her where the Ratatouille promotion was. After finding the promotion she said that she was going to request a credit that should show up on me credit card in 3-5 days. You would figure that they would be nice enough to automatically credit us loyal shoppers/preorderers
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy- View Post
Those of you who ordered Ratatouille and Cars from Amazon! make sure you get them to refund you the $10. On Amazons Blu-Ray page they are offering $10 off if you buy Ratatouille and either Cars or the Pixar Shorts. I preordered these a couple of weeks ago and checked the ship notification emails I received and there was no sign of the $10 credit. Maybe it was because Amazon decided to split my order into 2 shipments. Cars and Pixar Shorts shipped yesterday and Ratatouille Shipped today. Neither "ship notification" email showed the $10 credit. I sent an email to customer service this morning inquiring about the credit and I received this cookie cutter response exactly 6 minutes after I received the "ship notification" for Ratatouille:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

Unfortunately, we are unable to apply special discounts to items once the order has been completed. I am sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order. I hope that you will be able to take advantage of our future promotions.

If you have any further questions, please visit our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/help

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Now pissed off, I get on the phone an talked to one of their agents. I had to walk her through Amazon's webpage to show her where the Ratatouille promotion was. After finding the promotion she said that she was going to request a credit that should show up on me credit card in 3-5 days. You would figure that they would be nice enough to automatically credit us loyal shoppers/preorderers
I bought them a few hours ago and the discount was automatically included.