'IMAX: Dolphins/Living Sea' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
PeterB

Default 'IMAX: Dolphins/Living Sea' -- pre-release buzz

Image has two new IMAX titles on tap for Blu-ray, 'Dolphins' and 'The Living Sea':

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/imax_dolphins.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/imax_livingsea.html

Full specs are not in, but both feature 1080p transfers in recomposed 1.78;1 aspect ratios, and a list price of $24.98.

Stay tuned for full details to be revealed soon...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:01 PM

My dad was a zoologist and my brother is a zoo keeper so I may have to pick these up and have them over. Looks like something they would enjoy. Man...I am buying movies for others more than myself lately! Whats up with that??!!???
Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 AM

btw just as a note I think it is somewhat biased to not mention the bluray imax releases that are coming out soon.

From the article it would appear that HDDVD had the edge in terms of number of IMAX releases, something that is not true.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM

The Living Sea is about a month off, so why isn't it up for pre-order on Amazon? I love this doc -- narrated by Meryl Streep with music by Sting. I've saw it on screen and have watched the SD a countless number of times, and I'm really looking forward to enjoying it in hi-def.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
The Living Sea is about a month off, so why isn't it up for pre-order on Amazon? I love this doc -- narrated by Meryl Streep with music by Sting. I've saw it on screen and have watched the SD a countless number of times, and I'm really looking forward to enjoying it in hi-def.
I was thinking the same thing. I want to order this but can't find it anywhere. I know I got Africa: Serengeti from Amazon...
Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 PM

I'm beginning to have my doubts that this will see the light of day. I couldn't even find mention of the BD on the Image Entertainment website. Does anyone have any information?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
I'm beginning to have my doubts that this will see the light of day. I couldn't even find mention of the BD on the Image Entertainment website. Does anyone have any information?
Now listed on this site as postponed although I don't think I ever saw an official notification about it...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli21 View Post
Now listed on this site as postponed although I don't think I ever saw an official notification about it...
That's really disappointing. I was eagerly anticipating The Living Sea. I hope postponed doesn't turn into cancelled.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM

According to DVDTown, these are back on the release schedule:

On October 14, Image Entertainment will release three IMAX titles on Blu-ray. The titles are: "IMAX: Coral Reef Adventure," "IMAX: Dolphins," and "IMAX: The Living Sea."
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM

these discs better have lossless audio - or I'll go postal.