'Sopranos: Season Six, Pt 2' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Sopranos: Season Six, Pt 2' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'The Sopranos: Season Six, Part Two.' He says this Blu-ray boasts a gorgeous video transfer and a robust TrueHD audio mix, but at a wallet-deflating suggested retail price of $129.95 for just eight episodes, he recommends giving this one a spin at the rental counter.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/sopranoss6p2.html
Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 AM

2.5 Stars for the Series?! You gotta be freakin'kidding me!

The last part of Season 6 was great! And the ending was what the viewers deserved Loved it!

Is there any word about the complete 6th Season or a complete Sopranos Box in Hi-Def?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markers View Post
2.5 Stars for the Series?! You gotta be freakin'kidding me!

The last part of Season 6 was great! And the ending was what the viewers deserved Loved it!

Is there any word about the complete 6th Season or a complete Sopranos Box in Hi-Def?
That would cost like $500+
Old 11-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers Fan View Post
That would cost like $500+
But it's "The Sopranos"

My favorite Series...I just need to find someone to take over my DVD-Versions
Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Yeah, seriously, if Kenneth gave the overall season 2.5 stars, this is obviously the only TV show he's ever seen.
Just because he throws a hissy fit over the last couple of episodes doesn't mean the whole thing is bad. I thought the season (or half season) premiere was one of the best episodes in the series...Though nothing can beat "Pine Barrens".

By the way, there are 9 episodes on this, jed.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 AM

I agree this set is way overpriced, but that review is a little harsh. The last 9 episodes were amazing, IMO. And they looked great in HD.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM

This is my second review of the day (first was on the Polar Express) and I have to STRONGLY agree with Lucifuge above and not "Kenneth". I do not know how Ancient the people are who write these reviews, but the Sopranos Season 6 Part II is an absolute MUST HAVE for ALL Sopranos fans and I would have graded it "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED". How could a rational Sopranos fan ever say "Give It A Rent" to any of seasons. Heck, it is only the FINAL chapter in one of (if not the most) popular shows in Television history. But "Kenneth" only says "give it a rent" but does not even "recommend it". Hater in the House. If Hi-Def Digest needs any younger (I'm 28) and cooler writers, send me an email.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 PM

I didn't rate this season highly either and I'm not buying it until they offer it complete and for a lower price than they're currently asking for half the season.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:43 PM

Exclamation Wasn't The Best Ever, but......

I fully admit that I was a little disappointed with the end of the Sopranos, but I still find it strange to rate it as a "give it a rent". If you look at the other movies given the same description, you will laugh. How could someone not at least "Recommend" viewing the final chapter of many peoples favorite show EVER (How many Emmy's won!!!). My complaints might seem strong for this particular review, but if you look at the the reviews on many of YOUR favorite Blu-Rays, you may agree with me. Maybe not.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:45 PM

The 'logic' behind Kenneth's reviews can be a little hard to understand. The Sopranos get 2.5 stars while Kung Fu Hustle gets the full 5??!!! Perhaps he could share his cigarettes.