Finally recieved my Sony BVHE promotion movies. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM

Question Finally recieved my Sony BVHE promotion movies.

I finally recieved my 5 free movies yesterday from Sony and Buena Vista. I sent in my rebate immediately after coming home from the store. It took about three months. In the interim time the Paramount deal with the hd-dvd camp went down. Anyway, I was wondering what the hold up was, then after looking at the movie cases I realized that the movie The Italian Job was in fact a Paramount movie? I wonder if they had any trouble or if they had to re-print this movie due to a shortage or any contractual obligations? Anyone know the scoop on this? It was kind of weird, I figured that Sony or BVHE would have just substituted another movie in its place..

any thoughts?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSquisherton View Post
I finally recieved my 5 free movies yesterday from Sony and Buena Vista. I sent in my rebate immediately after coming home from the store. It took about three months. In the interim time the Paramount deal with the hd-dvd camp went down. Anyway, I was wondering what the hold up was, then after looking at the movie cases I realized that the movie The Italian Job was in fact a Paramount movie? I wonder if they had any trouble or if they had to re-print this movie due to a shortage or any contractual obligations? Anyone know the scoop on this? It was kind of weird, I figured that Sony or BVHE would have just substituted another movie in its place..

any thoughts?
I don't know why it takes so long (I'm still waiting on mine, but it's only been about 2-2.5 months), but I do know that the Paramount movies will not be reprinted, and that there is a clause in the promo which states that movies may be replaced if they need to for whatever reason.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM

this is smackdown??? ok...i got mine within 2 months
Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 PM

those are long amount of times...huh i would have thought they would be more proactive to make you happy. I guess part of it is to get you to go buy some movies in the interim before the free ones arrive. THey know consumers are habitual people, if they can get you buying movies while the product is new and exciting you will probably keep doing it....but maybe not if you don't buy a new movie for the first couple months because you have 5 free ones to watch

Anyone know if HDDVD is any better for this?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwaneSTUD View Post
this is smackdown??? ok...i got mine within 2 months
dangit. my bad.. wrong section. mods feel free to move this.

if paramount is not reprinting for the promo then I guess I am lucky with my copy of Italian Job.