Pink tennis ball in the shineing. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Pink tennis ball in the shineing.

So i saw this posted in a thread and haven't heard anything else about it. I watched the shining in blu-ray last night and noticed indeed the scene where a tennis ball rolls up it's pink. Someone said the HD DVD version it's green... What gives here?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Default it's not green on hd dvd either

the color of the ball looked wrong on my 360 add on as well... overall, i was very happy with the transfer however.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 AM

Weird. On the blu-ray disk there is a special feature that actually shows the clip in quesiton with the ball being yellow. I'm really interested in how that could have happened!?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Weird. On the blu-ray disk there is a special feature that actually shows the clip in quesiton with the ball being yellow. I'm really interested in how that could have happened!?
As an addition, were a few of the trucks he was playing with in the same scene also pink on the old DVD or VHS? I finally watched it last night and thought the same thing about the ball. Excellent transfer, by the way.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifuge View Post
As an addition, were a few of the trucks he was playing with in the same scene also pink on the old DVD or VHS? I finally watched it last night and thought the same thing about the ball. Excellent transfer, by the way.
I'll have to go back and look. Yes the pq was fantastic. Great movie.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM

weird. I have a dvd copy of this. I'll take a look.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
weird. I have a dvd copy of this. I'll take a look.
Watched the scene in question again last night on the BD. The trucks and the tennis ball are definitely pink-ish. I don't have the SD and my old VHS is buried somewhere. Those colors look a little........off.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:30 PM

At what time code in the movie does this happen?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
At what time code in the movie does this happen?
I'm not home right now to look, but it's the scene where Jack's son is playing with his toy trucks in the hallway and the tennis ball Jack was bouncing against the wall earlier comes rolling towards him. A little more than an hour into the movie, I'm quite sure.