'Tinkerbell' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
PeterB

Default 'Tinkerbell' -- pre-release buzz

In a very early announcement, Disney has already set an October 2008 arrival for its first-ever direct-to-video Blu-ray release:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/tinkerbell.html

Specs include 1080p video and PCM 5.1 audio (48kHz/24-bit), plus a featurette and set-top interactive game. The Blu-ray also includes an enhanced version of the "Pixie Hollow Guide," which will boosted by BD-Live advancements (though exact details are still TBA).

The disc is due October 28, and retail is $34.98.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Jesus, thats early! Disney is on top of the HD media food chain right now.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 PM

I know most Disney direct to DVD or in this case Blu-ray is garbage, but I'm looking forward to this for my daughter. She loves Tinkerbell and has a collection of the Tinkerbell and friends toys.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I'm glad Disney is releasing even titles like these on Blu-ray, because it's a start to having every upcoming title wether it be big or small release on high def.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Founding Member

wow! disney is just silly... release something within the same quarter, shoot even 1/2 year that you announce it...

I'm sure soon we'll see the coming fall of 2010... A Bugs Life

lol
Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
wow! disney is just silly... release something within the same quarter, shoot even 1/2 year that you announce it...

lol

This is not silly at all, but very smart. They are letting the masses know they are firmly behind Blu-Ray and are working on future titles even if they are direct to video transfers. The fact that Pixar is lending a hand in this only makes the wait for this title seem even harder.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Dogg View Post
This is not silly at all, but very smart. They are letting the masses know they are firmly behind Blu-Ray and are working on future titles even if they are direct to video transfers. The fact that Pixar is lending a hand in this only makes the wait for this title seem even harder.
Exactly. Just confirms long term commitment to Blu-ray. I wouldn't mind knowing a few more titles they have planned.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-def-fanboy View Post
Exactly. Just confirms long term commitment to Blu-ray. I wouldn't mind knowing a few more titles they have planned.
doesn't confirm crap...

look at blades of glory, face off, transformers, etc...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post

lol
It's because they know, now, that they'll never get HDi back, unless they come to HD DVD.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Founding Member

actually... could be they are holding out for improved java specs... but I would think that would be more likely for catalog titles...

this actual release is day and date with the DVD... i'd bet they wouldn't hold up a dvd release for the blu-ray version due to specs... but who knows?