'The Invisible' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'The Invisible' - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of 'The Invisible' is up. Although the film itself isn't entirely successful, he says this is a strong Blu-ray release from Disney, boasting four-star ratings for both the video transfer and the soundtrack, plus few worthwhile supplements for good measure.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/972/invisible.html
Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

This film was such a dud in theaters.

The trailers completely skewed the movie, which sucked, cuz it's not an overly bad movie.

At least it looks nice, but with the recent releases, Silver Surfers, 28 weeks later, Day after Tomorrow, all these great looking movies come out, great stories, great extras, and then this comes out, Im pretty sure this movie will come and go on dvd as quick as it did in theaters.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM

I watched this the other day, and was pleasantly surprised by it. It was a lot more interesting than it looked.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM

It would have been nice, Peter, had you mentioned in your review of the film itself that it is a remake of the 2002 Swedish film "Den Osynlige". I remember this film a pleasant surprise and I will definitely get this BD to see if Hollywood bettered the original.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM

Finally got around to watching this bluray, another ones that's been sitting on the shelf, and its an overlooked good little flick IMO.

Came here to defend it against Peter, but this is actually a really good review. I've been following David Goyer for awhile now, and even though I don't really like his previous 'directed' movies there was always moments where I really dug his cinematic language.

In this movie I think the scenes between Nick and Annie are just great scenes, especcially the club, gym and hospital scenes. I really dug the style.
And also the physical interactions when he's in limbo are creative and he does them all (or gives a good illusion) in one take, with no edits.
The movie does fail in giving it any tension for a 'thriller', but does create complex charcters that work on the 'drama' level.
The critic in me: 3/5
The movie Lover: 3.5/5

Give it a shot 4sho.