Muslix64 hacks Blu-ray's "Lord Of War" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Muslix64 hacks Blu-ray's "Lord Of War"

In his "Oops I did it again" post on Doom9, Muslix64 has managed to hack Blu-Ray. Looks like some keys need to be updated for Blu-Ray as well now.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM

I figured there were a few too many BD fans that were gleeful about HD DVD getting hacked. You knew this was coming and it sadly took less than a Day.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:42 PM

answer me this, what good does the hack do? To get the full quality out, you would still have to burn it on a blu-ray disc right? So if you download it from a torrent site lets say, you would either have to have a Blu-ray/HD-DVD burner and burn it on those or just view on computer or computer hooked up to TV correct?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 AM

true full HD dvd movies are nice but 19-30 gigs even on a 8meg conn is to much. now 20-50gigs for blu ray thats a lot my 1 terabite of hard drive space would be gone fast.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
answer me this, what good does the hack do? To get the full quality out, you would still have to burn it on a blu-ray disc right? So if you download it from a torrent site lets say, you would either have to have a Blu-ray/HD-DVD burner and burn it on those or just view on computer or computer hooked up to TV correct?
I believe you are correct. You can either watch it from your computer of burn it to a hd dvd/blu-ray disc.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
Or, you could download it and convert it to a lower bitrate MP4 (making sure it's vbr) and make it small enough to put on dvd (maybe dual layer) I've gotten good quality using Nero Digital AVC at about 3 Mbps for 720p and about 6 mbps for 1080p

6 Mbps x 120 mins = 5.1 GB

I'm betting you could use even a smaller bitrate to fit it on a single layer DVDR and still look acceptable (not as good as a full Blu-ray disc of course but still probably better than OTA HD)