Blu-ray DVD Recommendations - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Blu-ray DVD Recommendations

Hello I'm new to the message board and also a new PS3 owner who got the machine mostly for the Blu Ray DVD's. I would've gooten the Blu Ray DVD player but it was priced way to high for me.

Anyways, I thought that I would ask your all's opinion on which Blu Ray DVD that are on "must have" list. I bought GridIron Gang as my 1st Blu Ray DVD because I read on High-Def Digest that it gotten a good review, so I said what the heck and bought it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 AM

Get Resident Evil Apocalypse,The Wild,Crank,and Dinosaur those all look great on blu ray.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM

1: Wrong forum, mods will probably move it.
2: Blu-ray, some people get picky on the correct spelling.
3: Disc, DVD is a standard owned by the DVD Forum who is backing HD DVD.

The best use for HD is CG titles, like the wild, epic films and action movies. Not much benefit is added with drama titles or comedies. Get the movies you like, and a few to show off the power of the system. Look at the Blu-ray reviews on this site to see how good a job they did on the transfer.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsterdam360 View Post
Get Resident Evil Apocalypse,The Wild,Crank,and Dinosaur those all look great on blu ray.
I have been hearing and reading a lot about Crank being very very good and look impressive for Blu-Ray. I'm suppose to go to BB (BestBuy) tomorrow and I might get another movie.

I also read that Invincible also got a really good review, is it worth getting in your all opinions?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Black Hawk Down
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/blackhawkdown.html

Mission: Impossible III
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/miss...ssibleiii.html

Get movies you like primarily, that's the point. Those two would be nice additions at the very least. M:I:III on HD DVD is really nice, BD is the same, but no IME.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenMack View Post
I have been hearing and reading a lot about Crank being very very good and look impressive for Blu-Ray. I'm suppose to go to BB (BestBuy) tomorrow and I might get another movie.

I also read that Invincible also got a really good review, is it worth getting in your all opinions?
Ven I think you need to get. Riddick, Constantine, Batman, Pitch Black, The Bourne Supremacy, The Hulk ect..... They look really good. But you may need a Toshiba HD DVD player..............Just kidding
Old 01-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
1: Wrong forum, mods will probably move it.
I found the fact that he posted this question in a forum specifically titled HD-DVD software General Discussion, when there are blu-ray forums on the same main page very insightful. It tells us alot about the sort of people who chose blu-ray over HD-DVD.

To my knowledge, no HD-DVD owner has ever created such a thread in the Blu-ray forum
Old 01-19-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm looking for the best Blu-Ray DVD movies to show not just me, but to others that Blu-Ray movies are worth owning be it by PS3 or an actual Blu-Ray DVD player.

The next 3 that I'm most likely will be getting is SuperMan Returns, Superman II, and Crank. The 2 Superman movies that's reviewed on the main site got a really stong rating and recommendation.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 AM

Get Scooby Doo for sure. It is the latest movie released on Blu-ray that has been awarded 5 stars for picture quality on our site.

Read the review here.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Swordfish looks the best out the BD's I've seen. Although I havent seen all the releases.