ladder 49, any thoughts? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 459
Default ladder 49, any thoughts?

I jus ordered potc 2, and ladder 49 from amazon and i was jus wondering if anyone has thoughts on ladder 49. i didnt know what else to get and i wanted to get something that i didnt have on dvd and something other than an action or cg movie...lol. hows the pq? from reviews online, im hearing pretty good stuff about it, and i didnt see it in hdd's tier sticky either. its the best feeling in the world when you blind buy a movie and it turns out to be gem.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,070
Default

Well you could check the review on this very site. He gave it a 4.5/5 for both PQ and AQ but only a 3/5 for the movie itself.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/588/ladder49.html

I just ordered this one from the sale as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
kalel1974's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,675
Thumbs up

Great movie I'm sure that you will enjoy it,I own it on standard def though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
Well you could check the review on this very site. He gave it a 4.5/5 for both PQ and AQ but only a 3/5 for the movie itself.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/588/ladder49.html

I just ordered this one from the sale as well.
yea i did read that but sometimes i like hearing reviews from the people in the forums...opinions are great, thats what the forums are here for.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djclueless View Post
I jus ordered potc 2, and ladder 49 from amazon and i was jus wondering if anyone has thoughts on ladder 49. i didnt know what else to get and i wanted to get something that i didnt have on dvd and something other than an action or cg movie...lol. hows the pq? from reviews online, im hearing pretty good stuff about it, and i didnt see it in hdd's tier sticky either. its the best feeling in the world when you blind buy a movie and it turns out to be gem.
I enjoyed watching Ladder 49. It is basically a feel-good story about a fireman hero and his fire dept. friends as they pull together in the face of tragic adversity. Lots of rescue-type action, somewhat poignant, and the acting is pretty decent. Has the potential to make you cry.

As I recall the PQ and AQ were excellent.

Hope you enjoy the movie...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runchuckrun View Post
I enjoyed watching Ladder 49. It is basically a feel-good story about a fireman hero and his fire dept. friends as they pull together in the face of tragic adversity. Lots of rescue-type action, somewhat poignant, and the acting is pretty decent. Has the potential to make you cry.

As I recall the PQ and AQ were excellent.

Hope you enjoy the movie...
thanks man..im lookin forward to crying...lol...i basically bought this cuz i saw we own the night this weekend and joaqin phoenix's performance was amazing. u guys should check that movie out, it was sick.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
mrkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,546
Default

The movie was really good but was also a bit boring.

The cast and acting is also good.

anyway dont worry, you made the right choice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Climbing Your Way Down the Corporate Ladder' -- pre-release thread PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 11-02-2008 04:57 PM
Targeted for Remake: Jacob's Ladder nelll Film Forum 6 06-29-2007 06:11 PM
'Ladder 49' - High-Def Digest Review jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 1 02-16-2007 06:57 PM
Ladder 49 audio? sj41 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 02-15-2007 01:54 AM
'Ladder 49' - pre-release buzz PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 12-22-2006 03:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off