'Masters of Horror: Season One - Vol. Two' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Masters of Horror: Season One - Vol. Two' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Masters of Horror: Season One - Vol. Two' Although he found the 1080i video transfer to be surprisingly strong, a disappointing batch of audio mixes and a trimmed-down supplements package make this Blu-ray release something of a mixed bag.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/989/...rror_s1v2.html
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned

Am I the only one that thinks its .. I dunno.. ODD that a movie thats 1080I gets the same rating as a 1080p movie for video quality? like I dunno.. Surfs up?

Somehow I doubt a 1080i movie looks anywhere near a 1080p movie.. but thats just me.. I refuse to pay 40 bucks for these movies when they aren't even 1080p..
Old 11-11-2007, 05:33 PM

Thumbs up

Last week, while browsing through cheap movies at Wal Mart, (I hate Wal Mart, but sometimes you can't escape their deals.) I found that they were selling Masters of Horror Vol's 1 & 2 on blu ray for $18.85. I couldn't believe it, it was the cheapest price I'd seen on new blu rays. I've always wanted to see the show, so I bought the first volume, and I was blown away. My friend Rian and I have a movie night every Wednesday, we're both fans of pulp horror stories, and we really enjoyed every episode. That night we also rented "The Tripper" and were very disappointed, so following it with Masters Of Horror Vol. 1 was great. It's funny, we were only planning on watching the first episode because I had to work the next morning, but it was so good that we had to watch the next, and then we ended up watching all three. I really didn't expect the show to be this good. I went out that Friday and bought Vol. 2 and it was equally entertaining. We were excited to see that they seem to be pairing episodes with common themes on each disc. The first volume features three stories involving supernatural elements, the second includes three horror stories revolving around women. I also really appreciate the variety. Volume 2 starts off with the disturbing "Jenifer" and ends with the hilarious "Deer Woman". You have no idea what to expect going into each episode, and it makes it such a fun experience. Starz did a great job putting these volumes together, the first two discs have given me some of the most entertaining HD viewing I've had yet. I can't wait to pick up Volume 3 when it comes out this Wednesday, and I urge you to do the same, for $18.85 it's an amazing deal.

By the way, my favorite episode so far is "The Fair-Haired Child". Does anyone else have these, and if so, what's your favorite episode? And has anyone heard about any possible release dates for Season 2 on blu-ray?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 PM

I really enjoyed these stories and think they deserve a 3 .
Old 11-30-2007, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Am I the only one that thinks its .. I dunno.. ODD that a movie thats 1080I gets the same rating as a 1080p movie for video quality? like I dunno.. Surfs up?

Somehow I doubt a 1080i movie looks anywhere near a 1080p movie.. but thats just me.. I refuse to pay 40 bucks for these movies when they aren't even 1080p..
Rofl. I'll never understand this specs over reality blindness. What a joke.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
I really enjoyed these stories and think they deserve a 3 .
I agree. I just finished watching all 3 movies and i was VERY plesantly surprised. All were watchable. Which says something when it comes to lower budget horror. All 3 were unique and interesting. All 3 had me interested the entire movie. I definitly recommend this for horror fans. + It helped i got them for $15 in the amazon b2g1