'Shoot 'Em Up' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
PeterB

Default 'Shoot 'Em Up' -- pre-release buzz

New Line has confirmed it is bringing 'Shoot 'Em Up' to Blu-ray on January 1, 2008:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/shootemup.html

No tech specs yet, but extras include an audio commentary, documentary, deleted scenes and the trailer.

Retail is $39.98.

Note as is now standard with New Line titles, the Blu-ray is hitting day-and-date with the standard-def DVD, while the HD DVD release will show up sometime down the line later this year.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 PM

To sum this one up: If you like guns, buy this one

Thanks pete
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 AM

this movie was crazy

getting this one for sure!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 AM

I really hope there's a Clive Owen /Monica Belluci audio commentary on this.
I'd buy it just to hear her talk for 2 hrs.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:34 AM

Hmm...$40 MSRP, $28 on Amazon, $30 in stores. The movie wasn't very good, but it'll look ridiculous. And it was fun in the theaters. I'll have to think about this one. Hopefully someone has a good deal on it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 AM

$40 msrp...considering the movie was not a hit, you would think they would wanna sell for less to get more back but ill probably be picking this up cause i wanted to see it but didnt want a friend who also wanted to see it lol
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 AM

This movie was a real toss up. While this gun orgy came true to its title, it would have been nice to see a somewhat better storyline and a little more serious gun fights, some uses of the guns we're a little bit overdone (Carrot Trigger and the Twirling at the Playground). A great movie to pick up on hidef but I dont know if you can watch it more than once.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 AM

Seems quite expensive for a complete flop.

Surprised New Line are sticking with their Blu first approach on this one given that chances are no one is going to go see it anywhere.

As far as I know it will have opened everywhere in Europe and beyond before December and if it can barely musted $12m in the US it'll will make nothing anywhere else
Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Region coding concerns? What concerns? No other movie studio seems to be having this problem releasing on HD DVD, including New Line's parent, Warner. Sounds like bollocks, but what do I know?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo16 View Post
Region coding concerns? What concerns? No other movie studio seems to be having this problem releasing on HD DVD, including New Line's parent, Warner. Sounds like bollocks, but what do I know?

It is bollox but its claimed New Line sell the rights to their movies outside the US which have staggered release dates and so dont want release the titles in Europe in case they cut into the distributors revenues.

Here's the thing though. This is a one week and its gone movie, unless it goes straight to DVD so there are no profits to lose.

China as far as I know are region A, like to US and most titles get released their last so dont the chinese distributors deserve the same window? meaning the region A blu ray shouldnt be released until its been showign in China for a few months?

Lastly, and this is the best Hairspray (New Line) in being released on Blu November 20th in the US but not on HD DVD until sometime in 2008 so that European distributors dont lose money on it being imported despite the fact it being released in england region B on blu ray on 19th November so anyone in Europe can import it in their region. Seriously WTF!!!