Anybody Find Twilight Zone the Movie? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Anybody Find Twilight Zone the Movie?

Best buy,2 Targets and Walmart didnt have any in stock,not even the HD DVD or standard DVD.
Has anybody here found it,ive heard of preorders still not being shipped yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned

i didn't see the hd or bluray, just a standard dvd. i checked on amazon.com and it says ships within 8 to 14 days!? that sucks.. i had it pre-ordered
Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 AM

Ordered mine from Warner. They charged my card yesterday but couldn't tell me if it shipped yet because of the system issues they've been having. But the guy I spoke to thinks it should arrive by the weekend. I'll definitely post a mini review when I get it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Had a mail from Movietyme saying they have the HD-DVD in stock - so have ordered that.

They didn't have/or know when they were getting any of the BD version.

God bless being a neutral
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroadley View Post
Had a mail from Movietyme saying they have the HD-DVD in stock - so have ordered that.

They didn't have/or know when they were getting any of the BD version.

God bless being a neutral
I read in AVSforums that the title hadn't be recieved by the sellers from WHV. It seems like they had trouble getting it out in time.

BTW, your avatar really bothers me
Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
BTW, your avatar really bothers me
Do you know who it is?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Mine arrived from Amazon today...

Lego
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legobricke View Post
Mine arrived from Amazon today...

Lego
Congrats! What extras are on it (if any)?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Found Twilight Zone & Reviewed

This is the REVIEW I left on Amazon:

Finally, I have a copy!!! It seems this film was very hard to find anywhere. I happen to work at Magnolia Home Theater and we received (2) copies, so I snagged one before it hit the shelves. On to the movie. This is one of those movies you just want to have. It was my and many's favorite t.v. show and the movie is worthy of it's name.

DVD specs: VC1 codex, Dolby TrueHD, DDPlus. Extras: Movie Trailer (poor picture quality)

Since the movie is literally 4 movies by four directors, you cannot review it as a whole as each have distinct differences due to the directors style.

The 1st Segment: Looks very good. The polyester suits and fat ties at the bar date the film. Good detail on the whole. Nazi suits are sharp, good color saturation throughout. Only glaring exception is in dark scenes some noise and not the darkest of black. The sound is very good, great front stage and the rears are used but won't distract what's happening up front. Good midbase and highs are really defined. I can't remember, even in the movies it having the detail in sound it has now, almost no LFE (sub-bass) but that's the way it was initially recorded. The TrueHD is slightly better than the DD plus.
7 out of 10 in picture - 8 out of 10 in sound.

2nd Segment: Looks rather soft, but you have to realize again: Different director, different style. This one was directed by Steven Spielberg (good to see his stuff on HDDVD). You will notice the familiar softness that he adds to movies. The classic Speilberg soft filter (Goonies, ET, Close Encounters etc). Close ups of the older people look very sharp, long shots look a little better than a regular DVD, but in regular shots very detailed. The sound again is very, very clean. The score, which I remember as being very emotional and critical to the feel of the segment, was there and more. I still choked up at the end. Its good to see Scattman Crothers again (main charactor). He's a cinematic gem, delivering his usual steller performance. Remeber him in The Shining?
8 out of 10 picture - 8 out of 10 sound. Gave an eight because it's what Speilberg intended it to look like.

3rd Segment: Wow. This is easily the most impressive both sound and video. Colors are amazing! A few very small traces of grain, otherwise very impressive. When in Anthony's home, right away you notice the very colorful over the top couch, then the wall colors are made to stand out. I remember Quinlan being beautiful when I watched this as a kid, wow my memories serves me right. Detail is almost reference. The sound is equally impressive. Great dynamics, detail and out of the segments, the best bass responce. When the rabbit comes out of the hat.....look out it snapped me back.
9 out of 10 picture - 9 out of ten sound.

4th Segment: It went from wow to woe. This is easily the most dissapointing segment of the movie. It starts out very grainy, noisey, and dare I say VCRish. It then cleans up and looks good for a scene or two then for some reason, it goes back to VCRish picture. Very inconsistant and distracting. What was my second favorite segment, has been shown no love. It must have come from a poor master, or just hurried at the end, I don't know, but even the climactic end, was blurry and undefined. Sound was o.k. and that's a compliment. Lithgow is Lithgow so no matter how bad the print, he's an brilliant actor.
4 out of 10 picture - 4.5 out of ten sound.

The closing was worth the price of this disk. Rod Serling's voice and famous Twilight Zone score in TrueHD.....PRICELESS.

In parting. This is one of those movies that you just remember every line, every scene, every facial expression. Having scene it in this form, I can say it still is by far the best this movie has been presented. The last segment being considered, I still recomend this film, not for a reference demo, but for what it is, a modern classic. Recommended to all who enjoyed the film in the first place.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 PM

So the sound for the first segment was a little better than DD plus and it got a 8 out of 10? What would you rate the DD plus soundtrack for that segment?